Eight: Now you see me

No one had to tell anyone in his family what happened to Louis. He was eighteen which meant that he was old enough to choose for himself if he wanted the doctors to tell anyone in his surroundings about what happened. The only one who knew was Bran. It was their secret. Louis looked down at his arm before he left for school on Monday morning. It was covered in gauze and bandages and behind those were professional stitches. The doctors told him that he lost a lot of blood but that was mostly because the wounds couldn't close up as long as the steel thread was still moving around in his arm. They had removed all of it. All the pretty patterns were gone. The large cuts that the thread had left were deep and fleshy. The doctors said that it took a lot of stitches to get his skin back together. It hadn't been pretty. He'd also gotten a lecture about the dangers of self-harm and how his BMI was dangerously low and he needed to eat more and take care of himself. He'd even gotten an offer to see a psychiatrist, which he had declined.

The tears ran down his face. He was already late for his first class but still, he didn't feel like hurrying. His first class was French which meant that Bran would be there. Louis still had a bit of a bruise on his cheek from the slap Bran had given him after he confessed his feelings for him. The situation was so weird. First Louis had told him that he loved him, then he'd gotten slapped, then he nearly bled out in Bran's arms. He probably hated him now. Louis pulled down his sleeve. Usually, he'd be fine with wearing just the long-sleeved shirt with his jeans but he'd been really self-conscious ever since the doctors told him that he was too skinny. So this morning he had put in an extra t-shirt over the long-sleeved one. It was tucked away in his jeans. His left arm looked puffy under the sleeve. The gauze and the bandages made his arm look thick and lumpy. Not only was it swollen underneath all the gauze but it was also wrapped in an extra layer of bandages "just to be safe".

He slowly opened the door to the classroom and peeked inside. The teacher was playing a documentary and his classmates curiously looked away from the film to see who was interrupting their boredom. Bran was in his seat with his head on the desk. It looked as if he was sleeping.

"Louis." The teacher said. "How nice of you to show up..."

Bran looked up at Louis and sighed. At first, he looked relieved but then his face turned stern. He looked annoyed, just like everyone else in the classroom. Louis swallowed hard and walked over to his seat, trying not to look at Bran. That didn't stop Bran from looking at him though. His tense gaze glued itself to Louis as he sat down in the back of the classroom. Just like Louis thought, Bran hated him.

When they got out of class Louis started walking down the corridor. He felt dizzy and sad. That small spark he'd been living for had been snatched away. Bran hated him now and it was all his fault. Hopefully, he hadn't told everyone about the embarrassing confession. As Louis turned a corner a large hand grabbed his right wrist. The door to the men's bathroom swung open and Louis found himself pressed against the wall of one of the bathroom stalls. Bran held him by the shoulders, staring into his eyes for a moment before wrapping his arms around him. "Are you okay?!" He whispered. Bran let go of Louis with one arm and carefully grabbed Louis' left wrist. He held it and let his forehead fall into Louis' shoulder.

"I'm fine..." Louis stuttered.

Bran let out a deep breath as he lifted his head and pulled Louis closer to his body. Their chests were pressed against each other's and Bran still held onto Louis' hand. The blushing felt like fire on Louis' cheeks. Bran was leaning his body against Louis, tightly pressing them together under Bran's weight. Louis felt Bran's heartbeat against his. He felt Bran's hips right above his, pressed against each other. If Louis hadn't controlled himself he definitely would've let out a whimper or a gasp. They were so close. Bran smelled so good. Louis felt his crotch on top of his. Then Bran let go of him and took a step back. Before Louis had the chance to understand what was going on Bran's hand was rushing towards him. The hand flew through the air and hit Louis' face, right where Bran had hit him before, right on the bruise. "Then why the fuck didn't you call me?!" He hissed.