~Prologue~

{Acknowledgements:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and its characters belong to Nintendo (nuh duh really?). But the epilogue of the game is my creation, just so you know. ^.^}

Three years ago, in a realm far away in the land of Hyrule, there lived a legend. This legend was the quest of Link, a seventeen-year-old ranch hand. He lived in Ordon Village, a small and simple town on the outskirts of Hyrule Kingdom.

We all know how the story went in the Twilight Era. Link became the hero of legend, the savior of Hyrule. He was a strong swordsman with great magic and courage. With a little help along the way, he helped a shadowy princess in need, and restored peace to the land.

And caught up in all this chaos was a young girl by the name of Ilia. She, like Link, was seventeen years old and Ordon Village's mayor's daughter. She had a passion for horses and the details of nature, developing strong feelings for Link as well. Kidnapped by clever monsters astride demonic boars, she lost her memory in the process, with the only intention of helping a dehydrated Zora prince.

But of course, the hero could not turn a blind eye to his childhood friend. He restored Ilia's memory. However, all was not content in the end.

Once Link fulfilled his duty as hero, his sidekick, a cursed Princess Midna, disappeared in the twilit realm in which she'd come and destroyed the only possible link to it. Then, perhaps in slight mourning, Link fled his hometown and came to marry Princess Zelda of Hyrule Castle, thus making himself Prince Link, prince of Hyrule.

And three years later, everything was peaceful and normal again. Link rarely visited Ordon Village, but rather than heartbroken, Ilia was only angry with the prince for abandoning her.

Little did she or Link know, a new legacy was unfolding.

One fit for Ilia.