~Chapter 11~ Darbus of the Gorons

I scurried across the dry, hot mountain to the unfamiliar voice, which had come from a cave that I had overlooked.

Inside, I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath, trying to slow my rapid heartbeat. I observed my savior. A short Goron wearing a curious expression.

"Hang on, I know you..." I said.

"You're Bo's daughter, aren't you?" the Goron interrogated. "Ilia, wasn't it?"

I nodded. "Who are you?"

"We've met before, in a brief encounter, three years ago..." he said. "I am Gor Coron, one of five mighty elders of the tribe. I traveled with the tribal patriarch to Renaldo's sanctuary, when the shaman sent news of your misfortune."

"Oh," I replied over the rumbling outside. The erruption was slowly yet surely subsiding. "Well, you mentioned Darbus, and that's why I'm here. I must reunite several chosen ones of the several lost tribes of Hyrule."

"I see," Gor Coron said. "Darbus is in the our residence at the mountain's very peak. Come here; I have an elevator that can transport us there quickly."

The quaking and shaking outside was barely there anymore as the elder and I boarded an elevator-like mechanism in the back of the cave. We rose instantly to the mountaintop, where a vast cavern was built and brightly lit for the elders and the patriarch.

"Gor Coron! About time!" roared a deep voice. It belonged to Darbus, the mighty Goron of the tribe. He wore heavy metal armor and his face was always serious.

"Darbus! Bo's daughter has come for you..." Gor Coron told him.

I nodded, somewhat embarrassed. "Er... Mister Darbus, before I escort you to Eldin's Spring, I must play a song for you. It is called the Bolero of Fire."

I pulled out my Ocarina and blew away, playing the song Saria taught me. It must've worked, for Darbus began holding his head.

"I-I remember... My ancestor, Darunia... The Sage of Fire. And you are the maiden sent to aid the Sage of Forest in her attempt to seal away the possible lust of the Sages... Yes?" he said.

I nodded vigorously. "You are the descendant of the Sage of Fire, so please... Lend them your power to save Hyrule."