~Chapter 16~ Time-Travel

I left Castle Town with Princess Agitha at my heels. We mounted Nameless the stallion and rode through the dawn to Lake Hylia. Leaving my horse on the shore, my accomplice and I walked along the shallow bridge to Lanayru's cavern.

Once we reached the vast spring, Saria, Ralis, Telma, and Impaz awaited us.

"Where's Darbus?" I asked. I knew he went back up Death Mountain, but I thought he was just checking something.

"He's bringing the princess and prince here," Saria explained. My stomach lurched, and she turned to Agitha. "Young Agitha, you must take your place with the other Sage descendants so you can seal us Sages away when the time is right."

Agitha nodded, wading into the spring with the others.

"Saria, are all the Sages' descendants here?" I inquired.

"Not yet. We have till mid-day of today. So far, we've gathered the Sages' descendants of water, fire, light, shadow, and spirit. However, my descendant still remains. I am part of the Kokiri race, but sadly, my kind went into exile when your era came. Nonetheless, one girl still remains on another existing era. She contains only a sixth of Kokiri blood, but that's good enough for me. Her name is Lana. She is a sorceress in acquaintance with the Great Deku Tree."

"So how can I recruit her if she's on an entirely different timeline?" I asked.

"The only option is an ancient relic handed down from my era... The Ocarina of Time. First, get ready to learn a new song. It is the Minuet of Forest. Play after me..."

In a few minutes, I learned the forest song and Impaz handed Saria a blue Ocarina. It had to be the Ocarina of Time, the most powerful instrument.

"Ilia, I'm going to send you forward many years in the future using the Song of Time. Once there, find Lana the white sorceress, and play for her the minuet you just learned. Because her lost memories are contained in that song, she will remember a spell to bring you here. Be brave, child. And please bring back my lost descendant."

The last thing I heard was the Song of Time before I started falling through empty space and time.