~Chapter 7~ Finding the Prince

I walked up to the black horse tied to Telma's cart and unharnessed it. Telma wouldn't mind, right?

Mounting the somewhat skittish animal, I whispered in its ear, "Take me to Zoras' Domain. Please?!"

The mount didn't move.

If you seem unsure around a horse, you know they'll stand there, still as a bump on a log. You have to show it confidence and sometimes even force, I remembered Uli of Ordon Village telling me one day, speaking of her horse-taming past.

I mustered my confidence and told the steed, "Take me to Zoras' Domain, okay? I have to find the prince. Er, please."

The horse seemed to like this command better and trotted away. Guilt started to churn in my gut, yet I was sure Telma would find a way back to Hyrule Castle Town one way or another.

I was nervous and timid. With no means to defend myself, how could I be secure? I questioned how Link saved the entire kingdom, how he threw himself head over heels to save Hyrule from the darkness. At least, that's how Telma and my father put it. Had he done it for the princess?

Probably.

Judging by the moon's position in the sky, it was only about nine or ten o'clock. The guilt within was overwhelming. Telma and Renaldo would be worried. But I guessed that was what being a heroine was all about. Making sacrifises to save the world.

But this whole concept was surreal to me. How could several universes exist all at once, each containing a different version of the hero, or a different scenario? It made no sense, and Saria wasn't exactly clear when she explained it all. When I returned with Ralis, I would question her to the ends of the earth for the answers I needed.

The black stallion galloped through Lanayru Province, past the towering castle. Finally, it stopped at Lake Hylia.

Surveying the area, it was entirely deserted, except for two Zora guards emerging from the water near a landform. I hurried over to them, hoping they'd take me to Prince Ralis. I had helped raise concern for him all those years ago, hadn't I? They owed me this.

"Hey! Er...Zoras!" I shouted, not sure how to address the aquatic creatures.

They turned around.

"Oi! Who are you?" one of them interrogated, pointing his coral staff at me.

"I'm Ilia, the Ordonian. I'm, er, acquaintances with the prince," I answered as respectfully as possible, raising my hands in surrender.

The Zora patrols exchanged wary looks.

"Alright... What business do you have with Prince Ralis?" the non- staff-wielding patrol asked.

"According to Saria, the Sage of Forest, he is the last remaining descendant of Princess Ruto, the Sage of Water. Saria needs him to lend his power to seal away the Sages, thus preventing further hazards." I hoped my formal act was good enough. These were royal Zora guards, after all.

The Zora with the staff replied, "Very well. Follow us, and you shall see Prince Ralis.