~Chapter 18~ The Lost Triforce

Lana pulled out a thick leather book. She skimmed through the contents and then shut the book, tucking it away again.

"This spell is going to be tricky to pronounce, but it says it can only be completed with the aura of something from this era. Well, we've got you. Brace yourself..."

The blue-haired sorceress started chanting inaudible words under her breath. The leaves around the forest floor started spinning and whirling around us. Soon, Lana and I were falling through empty space and time, and we wound up back in Lanayru's Spring.

There, Prince Link and Princess Zelda stood on the edge of the spring overlook with Saria.

"Lana, welcome to our time," greeted Saria warmly. "And welcome back, Ilia. I'm glad that you both made it back safely. Stand with the other Sage descendants for now."

Lana stumbled walking to the water, as she was overwhelmed with awe. Speechless even. As for me, I was just impatient. The royals were the last people I wanted to see.

"Why are they here?" I asked, annoyed.

"Ilia, what Saria told you has changed abruptly," Zelda said. "We have less than two hours to find the final piece in the Sage's hex."

"Yes. I'm afraid I miscalculated our time. We must act quickly. Everyone, brace yourselves! I'm going to warp us to the Mirror Chamber in Gerudo Desert. I'll explain there," Saria told everybody, taking out the Ocarina of Time.

She played a short tune, and in a split-second, my surroundings changed to a circular chamber with no ceiling, surrounded by stone pillars. In the center, there stood a short platform with an empty stand that looked really similar to a mirror pivet. A large chunk of rock was suspended in air by many chains, a medium distance from the platform. Everyone had arrived -- Saria, Link, Zelda, Darbus, Ralis, Agitha, Impaz, Lana, and Telma.

"Listen, everyone!" Saria called. "To complete my seal, several components are needed. First, the descendants of the six elemental Sages. Then, the Leader of the Sages, the princess. Finally, the three chosen wielders of the Triforce. If you didn't know, in our era, the hero wields the Triforce of Courage, Princess Zelda holds the Triforce of Wisdom, and the evil demon thief Ganondorf held the Triforce of Power. Link successfully slaughtered Ganondorf, however, and the power left him.

"Nevertheless, the Triforce of Power cannot cease to exist. It found a suitable being worthy of wielding such power, but she doesn't know of this. The Triforce of Power had always had strange properties. It clings to shadow, rather than Hylian. As a result, the power now resides in none other than Midna, the Princess of the Twili race.

"But the only possible link to Midna's twilit realm was a relic known as the Mirror of Twilight. To maintain peace, Midna made the ultimate sacrifice and shattered it. This was fate. This was what the gods wanted, and what needed to happen. But I know the true fate of our world! If we cannot retreive the Twili princess, we're doomed. I know how to revive the Mirror of Twilight, nevertheless. To do it, I will need to reawaken the Sage of Shadow, Impa."