~Chapter 12~ Darbus Reunited

"I shall follow the girl," Darbus told the Gorons in the room.

"Good luck," murmured Gor Coron to me, winking. Why did he believe the crazy tales I told him? Did he trust me because of my father? Whatever it was, I was glad this was easy.

"We have to go to Kakriko's spring. A friend of mine will explain everything there," I assured.

Based on before, I guessed that Saria just had the uncanny ability to travel through spirits' springs. It explained why she had teleported to Lanayru's Spring before. Hopefully Prince Ralis would be with her.

Darbus and I descended down Death Mountain, making our way to Kakariko Village. At the end of the trail, where I had left my black horse, I mounted it and led the Goron down into the valley.

"It is late, human," Darbus grunted.

"I know," I said. "But we must act quickly. As I said, she'll explain once we get there."

"Who will explain?"

"You'll see."

When Darbus and I arrived at Eldin's Spring, green and blue wisps materialized into Saria and Ralis.

"Darbus. Welcome," said Saria.

"Who are you?" the Goron asked sternly.

"You stand before the ancient Sage of Forest, Saria. The other Sages and I, including your ancestor Darunia, have watched over Hyrule Kingdom for many years. But I fear that we will become greedy and attempt to take the all of sacred power we Sages wield, turning against each other. Only with the power of our descendants and those who are chosen by the goddesses can I seal us Sages away in deep slumber. Please, patriarch Darbus... Spare a bit of your power and assist me in locking us away for eternity."

"I...I will. For the sake of Hyrule," stated Darbus, determined.

"Who must I seek out next?" I cut in.

"Ilia, please find the old lady within the Hidden Village. Her name is Impaz; she is the descendant of the Sage of Shadow, the last remaining descendant of the Sheikah tribe," Saria explained. "But please. Play the Nocturne of Shadow to remind her of her destiny."

I hastily took out my gold Ocarina and played after Saria's lead. The melody sounded menacing almost, like powerful shadow itself. But it stuck in my head.

"Good luck, Ilia," Ralis chimed in, as if to remind me I had his faith. "I'll watch over Darbus and await your arrival."

And just like that, I rode off on Telma's black mare. I realized that it was nameless. I realized something else as well... Right as she was calling my name.

"Ilia!!" a cry echoed across the stony village.