From Stone To Sword

Blossom's first class was Transfiguration with Professor McGongall. She and Princess sat side by side as the teacher coughed her throat.

"Welcome students to your first class here. I am Professor McGongall and I am the Transfiguration teacher. Can anybody tell me what that is?"

Blossom knew this one. Her hand shot up and the teacher looked at her. Scanning her clipboard, she called out her name.

"Transfiguration is the change of one object into another, with the use of an illusion."

Everyone looked at her strangely. Who knew a muggle-born Slytherin knew more than all the other pure-bloods?

"That is... correct. Twelve points for Slytherin."

The Gryffindors stared at her in disbelief, except Buttercup. She knew her sister was a brainiac.

"So today's lesson, we will be starting small. A rock is on your desk, and I expect it to turn into a piece of metal."

With that, a small stone appeared on her table.

"Pull out your wands and imagine the small stone being a piece of iron. Think about this and follow the pattern with your wand."

Iron brought memories, and not very pleasant one.

"What. Is. The. Genetic. Makeup. For. Iron, Blossom? How can you become anything important if you can't even do this?"

"It's, It's, Professor I don't know!"

"Oh my god Blossom! I thought you had talent. Apparently not."

"i'm sorry Ms. Keane."

She wasn't even allowed to call her parents by mum or dad, not until Buttercup got home from the basketball courts and Bubbles left the art studio.

A blast of light came out of her wand, and magically a sliver of iron sat there on the table.

"Very good Ms. Morbucks and Ms. Utonium! Twenty points for Slytherin!"

Princess stared at her rock. She hadn't even gotten her wand out yet, but her rock was now iron.

"You don't need to help me, you know," she whispered to Blossom.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize."

"Eh. It's cool. Anything to help us win."

"Ms. Buttercup! What is that? I asked for iron! Not exploded rock!"

Sure enough, Buttercup's rock had exploded, but their were pieces of iron stuck in it, so it counted.

"Class dismissed! You have ten minutes to get to your next class. Go, go, go!"

Walking together, Princess and Blossom chatted about the rest of their house.

"Draco slept with a Gryffindor. She then dragged her stupid arse all the way to our dorm to 'break the tension between the houses'. Like, arrogant much?"

"Aren't we all arrogant? Besides, what's up with Brick? He's so rude."

Princess snorted.

"I know right! He can be such a sass sometimes! He has two brothers. Butch, Gryffindor and Boomer, Hufflepuff. He's just a stuck up ass. Ignore him."

Sharing a laugh, both girls walked to their charms class, but just before they could enter, Blossom felt a shock run through her.

Spinning around, she noticed Brick standing there with a sick grin and an electrified wand.

"Speak of the devil," Princess whispered soft enough so only Blossom could hear.

She giggled, causing the redhead boy to scowl.

"What's so funny Pinky?"

Coughing up another round of laughter, Blossom ran inside the room.