Butch's Therapy Lesson

🐲🐲🐲

Butch sat in Buttercup's room and watched as the girl blankly stared at the roof.

"Have you ever liked someone, only to see they like someone else? Who likes them too, but tells you they don't?" She asked.

Butch coughed awkwardly.

"Uhm, can't say I have... but do you want to talk about it?"

Buttercup stared at him like he grew another head.

"With you? I'd rather choke on snails."

Butch shrugged and started throwing his shit into his bag.

"How do you know you really like someone. More than just a crush?" She finally relented.

Butch thought for a moment. What actually made a crush different from someone you loved? Was it how you looked for them in the hallways to make sure they were alright? Getting angry at whoever pissed them off? Wanting to be with them forever?

"...With someone you like, you'd fight to stay by them at all costs. Have them by your side no matter the consequences because you know they will stay by you when you need them to."

"You seem to be quite the expert."

Her green eyes were determined, he liked that about her. He liked a lot of things about her. Like how she tried to comb her hair, but it ended up in a messy ponytail stub in the end. How she wore whatever was closest to her, yet made it work. How when she smiled her pupils would grow bigger.

He really liked her.

"So, who's the unlucky guy who's going to get the Butch treatment for hurting my Butters?" Butch said, punching his palm.

The 'my Butters' thing kind of rolled out, but she didn't notice.

"Doesn't matter. It was just, as Blossy would say it, 'a mild case of... feelings that corrupted your focus.'"

"Damn, Pinky is heartless. She and Brick would make a match made in heaven."

Buttercup shrank at this.

Was the guy she liked Brick? He hoped not... only because el capo would never return her feelings.

"So, you got a crush Butchie Boy?" She asked.

Butch thought about the pros and cons of telling her this. Too many cons.

"Sure! Your redhead sisters la-" He was cut off by an angry huff.

"Course you like Blossy! Everyone I like likes Blossy!"

Everyone I Like?

"Wait! Butters!"

But she already left the room.

"God dammit!"

Short chapter, but I didn't have much inspiration to write this one, but wanted to give you guys at least something.

So, is BC being genuine, or is this some revenge plan?

Next Up: School starts again with a new classmate