09

I sat on top of Elliott bed shirtless, rubbing my eyes. Elliott sat across from me smiling "glad to see you're awake" he walked over to me cupping my face as he gave me a kiss. I stared at him the kiss was a surprise but I liked it. "my mom came in but she left to work, and she made us breakfast" he grabbed my hand gently pulling me up, he dragged me behind into the kitchen.

Last night wasn't really a blur to him which I'm glad, last night I guess Elliott was getting the same random feeling around me, the feelings I was getting when I was around him. We just spent the night smoking and making out and just cuddling. It felt great,relaxing, the weight on my shoulders were off and I was now starting to breathe and I didn't feel lost anymore. The kiss was like a spark of happiness to me.

Elliott walked over me to smiling as he wrapped his arms around me kissing my cheek softly "how did you sleep?" He asked "amazing" I smiled at him "my mom made us waffles as corny as that sounds" he grinned "it's adorable" I smiled big grabbing his hand walking over to the dining room. Out on the table spread two stacks of waffles and bowls of fruity toppings. I watched as Elliott grabbed a blue berry popping it into his mouth and the held the other up to mine, he smiled brightly. "Nate wants to go to play basketball today" he said causing my mood to change quickly.

He sat across from me starting to eat one of the waffles, I grabbed the bowl of strawberries spreading them around. I started to eat slowly causing Elliott to tilt his head "what's wrong?" He asked "its not great?" I shake my head "no no the food is amazing it's just-" I paused playing around with my food, I was nervous to ask. What if I hurt him.

"You don't think this is weird?" I asked "what?" He looked up at me "this" I said softly. "That we're in love?" He fixed his glaze upon me, he used the word love. Which was very strange to me, but adorable at the same time. "Everyone falls in love" he shrugged "its normal for us teens" he added, but he didn't get the point. "But this love is different" I quietly said, he swallowed his food staring down at the plate "we're boys" I muttered.

"And what?" He leaned back on his chair "tell me how many couples of us do you see in school?" I sat straight in my chair "I saw one" "do you wanna know why? Because they're cool and popular they had certain things that made them okay to be gay" I groan "we could be accepted" he shrugged "you don't understand, Emma came out the other week and you wanna know what Jayden said to me? That she was a waste, and got pissed when I said it wasn't okay to use gay as insult" I rolled my eyes "my friends won't even accept me" my eyes started to water. Elliott jaw clenched "why do you consider them friends? How and why? Jayden is the most fuck up friend" he voice started to rise "Nate won't accept me, Daniel won't accept us. Can you imagine what they would do to us?" I felt a tear stream down at my face "so it's over? This never happened." He got up from his chair walking to his room "we can hide our relationship" I yelled.

"Hide our relationship?" He scoffed shaking his head, I grabbed my sweater and put on my shoes "I'm heading home."

-

I sat on my bed surround by healthy snacks and water, while watching movies after another. I was sad, but it was true. Can you imagine what they would do to us? I remember the last time someone came out gay and wasn't accepted, they beat the living hell out of him. He had to stay in the hospital and what I heard was they stomp on his face repeatedly. I don't even know if they came back to school or if he even lived? No one really came out about the beaten. We don't even know who it was.

"Jesus Christ Jamie, look at him" Andy groan while walking over to his bed "he's surrounded himself with healthy snacks this is the most saddest shit I ever seen" he held his finger tips up to his temples "please talk to him and ask him how he is" he yelled while leaving my room. Jamie laughed while picking up the small bag of baby carrots "Nate is wondering if you're going to basketball court, I think it's best if you go to help you out whatever you're going through" she stared up at my eyes "why does Nate even have your number?" I rolled my eyes "at least I didn't give it to Jayden" we both nodded "come on Lucas I'm actually letting you out, we can talk about when you come back" she patted my back leaving the room. Maybe a nice game of basketball could help.

I changed into some shorts, putting on my shoes. I took the bus and walked over to the basketball court. Finding everyone just laying around on their phones "hey" I waved causing everyone to look up "is Elliott coming?" Jayden asked and of course he was shirtless,I shrugged "he messaged me saying yes" Daniel started to bounce the ball "so we wait on him?" Cody sighed. "He's on his way" Daniel pass the ball to me, soon Elliott came walking in "hey " he smiled, I awkwardly waved.

"Did you guys like the party?" Nate asked "yeah but the cops came, I literally saw Elliott and Lucas leave before they came" "we literally messaged you guys that they were coming" Elliott laughed "I didn't know, I forgot my phone in her room" "even I left" Nate gave a nasty glare to Jayden "and you know I left with some girls" he winked. "Lucas got some with Cameron" Cody nudged me "I saw you two" he winked "actually it was just a make out" I shrugged "then what's with the hickey on your neck" Cody pointed causing everyone to turn, my eyes widen and I could feel my cheeks burning "I- that's none of your business" I pulled my shirt closer towards my neck. "Nice job Lucas" Elliott high five me, giving me a playfully wink after "Are we going to play basketball or what?" I said out loud, we all got into teams.

After a long game of basketball, Jayden team won. The reasoning behind it. Was he would play all night just to win. By now we sat around in the grass chugging water and relaxing "let's go to a party on Saturday" Jayden fanned himself, Elliott started to shake his head causing everyone to look at him weirdly "let's do this something different" he suggested "like what?" Jayden crossed his arms "let's hang out and do a bonfire, but without the party. By the end of this school year you're all going to have beer bellies" he made a disgusted face "he's right" Daniel nodded "im up for it" Nate smiles, everyone started to agree slowly "fine but can I bring a bitch?"jayden asked, everyone groan "so yeah? He asked again "I'll see you guys later" Cody waved while walking away, causing everyone to start leaving. I huff to only see Elliott and I alone, but the weight on my shoulders was now back and I could already feel the long dreadful mornings that are about to come.

He looked around before moving towards me cupping up my cheeks, giving me a small kiss. I didn't move but just gave him a kiss back, I leaned in giving him a longer but deeper kiss as he did the same. He pulled away, and I looked up to see a Elliott smile "I'm sorry about earlier" his said as he smiled dropped "it's fine" I sighed "I mean we could hide the relationship.." he grabbed by hand "let's go to my place."