18

A MONTH LATER
-
Today's the day. We been together for a month. Surprised? Me too. I didn't think we were going to make it this far, I mean the hiding is so tiring and gross we were getting frustrated about it but on some days after school it was worth it. We spoiled each other with love. And Elliott and I actually hardly even missed school and we also haven't gone to a party, it's been awhile. We continued on ignoring Cameron's flirty comments and Gina love interest in Elliott and of course her rude comments who could forget that. But Life was somewhat great? I mean it's ashamed to be hiding my love.

I smiled holding Elliott's gift that was perfectly wrapped in a box, holding a single heart balloon that had our date and a short paragraph of me describing how much Elliott meant to me and how thankful I was, normal gross couple things. I rang his doorbell eager to give him his gift, actually I wasn't really sure what to get him but still I got him a few new things, I hope he appreciates it.

He smile opening his door wrapping his arms around me tightly "happy one month Lucas" he said in between the kisses, he dragged me into the living room after. Swaying our hands for a bit before poking the balloon "for me?" He asked, I laughed "of course for you, lame?" He shook his head letting go my hand softly pulling the balloon down to his eye level. I watched as his eyes scan the balloon, reading it to himself softly, you could hear him smiling. "I love you" He smiled at me, I held it his gift up to him "open it, I don't know why but it's making me anxious" I chuckle, he raised a brow "I'm as anxious as you are" he says while sitting down on the couch patting the spot next to him "I'm not sure if it's a good gift" I nervously laugh. He playfully rolled his eyes at me "you know I love everything you give me" he warmly smiled,holding onto my hand "I was thinking since my family is coming home late I could cook us a meal and we can chill at your place, I know that's shitty but trust me our one year is going to be amazing" He winked "sounds amazing but we haven't stayed at our place for awhile I miss your bean bag" I laughed "but hurry open your gift so this anxious feeling can end" I handed him the box.

I watched him rip the wrapping paper off quickly but slowly lifting up the lid to the box causing me to roll my eyes. "You just love to tease" I playfully shoved him "you know it" he remark sending me another playfully wink. He took the lid off fully to reveal the new paint set and the drawing notebook with a few new markers and brushes, his eyes widen "wow, this is amazing. I love it" he grabbed my face gently giving me a kiss, I pulled away "there's one more gift" I moved the markers to side for the gold necklace to shine, it had a small flower on it to remind him that cute little date we had. "I love everything" he kept smiling "really?" "It was adorable, now I'm starting to feel bad about my gift" he started to nervously laugh "did you get me a rock or something?" I joked as he shrugged "I don't know" he pulled a small gift from the side of the couch handing it over to me. I ripped the paper out of the bag to see his small drawing notebook and another notebook, I mean I wasn't good at drawing so it's okay i could learn from him but I really do love looking at his work. "This is cute" I said while picking his book up, I opened it to see small sketches of me on some of the pages. I probably looked so weird from how hard I was smiling "it's a few drawings and sketches of you, and there's a few blank pages so you could write your thoughts and stuff" he nodded "or you could hand it back to me whenever we're out and I could draw you" he reached into the bag pulling the other notebook out opening it, showing photos of us on a page and tape up flowers on another. I stared at it in awh, my eyes begin to water "this is amazing" I hugged him "I'm speechless right now. Your gift is so amazing, I can't explain it well but it's amazing I'm in love" I held onto him tightly "really you love it? But I was also thinking we could fill this notebook of just photos of us, we can take it all on my camera which I'm also giving it to you" He laughed "but you see" he pointed at the dried flowers "these are the flowers from the date, I took them and smashed them into a book" he smiled childishly. He was too precious for this world, I have to protect him at all cost.