12

I yawned stretching my arms out, pushing my front door open as Elliott followed behind me. As soon as we walk in Andy stood still in the middle of the room holding a waffle up to his mouth awkwardly "hey, school got cancel?" He asked setting his waffle on top of his coffee cup. I shake my head throwing my backpack on the floor rubbing my eyes "no we just didn't feel like it today" I yawned again "understandable" he sighed "don't miss too much" he walked to the couch.

"Lucas?" My sister yelled walking out of the kitchen, she stared at me while glancing up at Elliott "oh hey" she disappointedly wave "again?" She groan "we're both caught up, just really tired and worn out" "okay" she said softly ,combing a strand of her hair behind her ear "I made waffles,enjoy yourselves" she pointed while walking back. I walked into the kitchen leaning against the counter as Elliott awkwardly stood next to me "I also wanted you to meet Elliott" I bit onto my lip "why?" She confusedly looked up "we're best friends" "oh, I noticed" she smiled "you two are like buttcheeks, you're always together" she started to laugh making Elliott and I let out a small laugh shaking our heads. "Or you could've said two peas in a pod, but you do you Jamie" Andy observe while taking another sip of his coffee "I was thinking we could have a movie day, and just hang out and eat snacks" I suggested, Jamie nodded smiling "yeah that would be great." I'm pretty sure that made Jamie day, I mean we haven't really hung out much or really talked much after we moved out of my parents place we didn't really stay connected. She did her thing while I mind my business doing my own thing.

"And then after that I'm heading back to Elliott's place" I blurted out, my sister bit onto her lip "again? Lucas you basically live there now, are the edibles that good?" Elliott laughed "don't worry I'm bringing him back, but I was also wondering.." he trailed off "if I could stay?" He quickly said making it hard for everyone to understand but I knew what he said. "He's wondering if he could stay too?" I exclaimed, I knew he was going to be too shy to ask. "Yeah of course" she nodded her head quickly "why does he wanna stay here? His place has the edibles, ours has nothing. It's boring here." Andy said sipping onto his coffee again "I'm not going for the edibles, he doesn't own any. I just wanted to stay over because he literally has good food and I enjoy playing video games with him" I groan, but we all know that's a lie. "Okay!" Andy mimicked me "alright well Im choosing the movie" I ran to the living room "you choose the worst movies" my sister shoved me while we ran.

-

We all had bowls of fruit with a huge bowl of popcorn for "our" two groups. Elliott and I wrapped ourselves in blankets,sitting apart from each other laying our heads back on the couch while staring at the movie while Andy and Jamie cuddle each other. They weren't a thing actually they were more like siblings if I can say that? Or best friends I'm not sure how to say it, I mean they pick on each other and Andy throws a small flirt here and there but that's because that's Andy really but they're always fighting and you can really tell they were never going to become a thing. Elliott grabbed my hand gently from under the blankets, causing me to turn red letting out a small chuckle "Lucas she literally stabbed her own sister, what's so funny about that" Andy started to laugh "its n-" "he farted that's why" elliott blurted out, I made a face yanking my hand away from his "excuse m- what?"  I got up clapping my hands "well I'm going to go head to Elliott's place" I pop another watermelon piece into my mouth, Elliott glance down at his phone stretching "yeah we're going to get going but I promise we'll continue this" he smiled at them "alright losers have fun, try not to fart up Elliott's place" She waved while cuddling deeper into Andy's arm. I mean we watched 4 movies, basically 5 hours of sitting down and not doing anything. 5 hours of Elliott and I acting like normal best buds, and not to over exaggerate or anything but I wish I could've cuddle with him I mean I got bored and I could till he got bored at some points.

-

Elliott had his hand place on the door knob giving me a small shy smile "I'm going to warn you, they're a bit too much" he scratched the back of his neck "I also have a little sister name Anne" he mumble, he seem more nervous than me "it's going to be great, I'm just a friend who you brought to have dinner with you and your family" I smiled up as he smiled big "right a friend" he frowned again "I really hate hiding our relationship, you're really outstanding if that's the right word?" He started to laugh "again I'm not great with words" the door quickly yanked open, his mom stood there smiling at him "amazing. Your family is amazing is the right word" she smiled big while giving me a hug "hi I'm Isabella, of course Elliott's mom" she smiled "Elliott you should've told me you were bringing home a friend I could've made pasta" she winked at me "mom he's been staying here for the past week" he laughed while reaching over towards my hand quickly pulling back "join us for dinner bud" he walked in giving me a small smile.

I walked in shoving my hands in my pocket, I knew how his house looked. I mean i basically lived here for a solid week, I was just nervous. I mean Elliott's mom was welcoming but I mean she's always welcoming and sweet. But what about his dad? Or his sister? What if they hate me? "I just finished dinner, make yourself at home" Isabella smiled at me walking over to the dining room, she was stunning she had long brown hair and a perfect face structure she was skinny and tall and was able to pass as a model. Elliott slowly walked over to me laying a small kiss on my cheek quickly "they're going to love you trust me" he walked to the dining room, I followed him. 

His sister sat next to his dad who sat on the chair teasing her about things while she laughed with embarrassment.His dad had dark brown hair with these big beautiful blue eyes that Elliott was blessed with, his eyes landed on me causing him to stand up holding his hand out smiling "I'm James" I shake his hand smiling back with the same energy "Lucas" I replied "you're the strange guy who's been sleeping on the bean bag or Elliott's bed" he let out a small laugh "yeah, I'm sorry about that"I apologized awkwardly laughing after. "I'm surprise Elliott even has a friend" Anne giggled "I'm actually pretty cool you know" Elliott sat across from her "he's having dinner with us" Elliott patted the spot next to him, I sat next to him holding onto my own hand. His mom walked back in passing out everyone's plate, we all sat and just talked about our day. As typical as that sounds but I wasn't really use to that, I was just use to grabbing my food and heading towards my room and eating alone. Elliott has the most perfect typical family. My dad was always so busy with work and if not that but busy arguing with my mom, and my mom of course was busy with being sad most of the time and really didn't care much for my sister and I. I would always reach out to help her but she never really let me, I remember one morning she cook us breakfast and said goodbye to us while we left to school and as soon as we came back home she was gone, her things were gone too. There was no letter or anything.  After a month we received a call from my aunt saying she was doing okay and that's all she could really say. My dad of course changed horribly, he really didn't want to take care of my sister and I. So he didn't, which made Jamie and I move in with Andy.

We got back to my house late and of course Elliott's mom sent us back with some left overs, the food was amazing and now we both just sat in my room doing our homework.

"Your family is amazing" I glance up at him before going back to taking some notes "they're alright really, they really don't give me much space? Before my mom would literally barge into my room" he shrugged " but it got better, I have my own space, somewhat" he nodded holding a quick drawing towards my face. It was small drawing of me, he grinned causing me to chuckle "let me keep it,so I can hang on my wall" "no I want to keep it" he put it back down "it's amazing. Right?"