Chapter 6: Party Plan

My head banged the wall behind me loudly. "I. Hate. Everything." I mumbled, bored out of my mind. There was nothing interesting to do!

"Oh my god. I want to die." I said before rolling over.

Suddenly, the door slammed open. "Hey, guess what? We're going to a party!" Roy exclaimed, his eyes wide with excitement.

I paused before raising a brow. "Why?" I asked, suspicious.

Roy smirked. "A friend's birthday party! And yes, he's one of us!"

I groaned. Great. Another one of these freaks.

"I'm not going." I decided. I know how this would end.

"Sorry, but you have to. The guy specifically requested to meet you."

My eyes shot over to Roy's. "You're kidding, right?"

He shook his head, his smiled faltering. "So you have to. But don't worry, we'll all be there, so it'll be fun!"

I shook my head. "You guys cannot make me go."

Chase popped his head through my doorway. "Uh, Cain said anyone staying home must finish washing the dishes."

"Well alright. That's all you had to say. How far is this place?"

Roy laughed at my immediate answer. It was well known that I hated housework, almost as much as I hated everyone in this house.

"It's at 8:00 and since he requested a costume party, it's mandatory you dress up."

"Oh hell no." I whispered, disgusted.

"And so, we have all decided what you're going to wear. And we've chosen for you to go as a.... wait for it.... a cat!"

"Wow. How original." I mumbled, angrily. Roy and Chase smiled before exiting my room. These asshole were probably yanking my chain.

"Well, we couldn't imagine you as anything else, and it was the only one we had left."

"Then what are you two going as?" I asked, actually interested.

Roy smiled before pointing at himself. "A hot cop."

Chase grinned. "A pirate."

I stared at them in boredom. "That's lame."

The both looked shocked as I rolled over. "What! They're gonna look so cool!"

I stifled a laugh. "And what is Cain going as?"

Roy shook his head. "He didn't say. He's going, since he's friend with the birthday boy, but I don't think he's even gonna dress up, since they're going out after the party."

My eyes widened. "Seriously? He doesn't have to dress up?! That's stupid."

Roy smiled before turning around. "You better get ready, since the party's starting soon."

I looked around, flabbergasted, but there was no clock.

"Uh, what time is it?" I asked Chase, who was just about to leave. He glanced at his watch. "Uhh.... 7:15."

Shit.

I sprang up and ran out the door, the chain on my foot slowing me down.

"Where's the stupid cat costume?" I asked frantically. I turned, and my expression instantly changed.

Luke smiled as he held a pair of fake cat ears. "You mean... this?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, no shit. You see any other cat costume here?"

He smiled and walked towards me. I slowly backed away, but all he did was put on the cat ears.

He smirked before walking off.

I saw the rest of the costume sitting on a chair, and walked over. "Great. There's an actually collar to this?" I asked, wondering if the dishes were all that bad.

Rick nodded from his place on the couch. He was already ready, and was dressed as a vampire.

"You look.... scarier than usual." I commented, trying to insult him, but he only grinned. "Why, thank you."

I rolled my eyes and tugged on each piece of the costume.

"There. I'm down with this stupid costume." I announced before flopping on the couch next to Rick. I held my ankle towards him and gestured for him to get rid of the chain.

He listened to my demands, and unlocked the anklet, but not the collar. "Let's just say it's part of the costume."

I glared as he unlocked it from the other end that was connected to the floor.

He gripped the chain, and I couldn't help but feel like a dog rather than a cat. It was like he was holding a leash.

"Are you all ready?" Cain asked, his eyes meeting mine. I just looked away, angry.

"Yes, we are." Rick said, putting his arm around me, as if he was trying to comfort me. And I'll admit, it was working.

"Alright, then get in the car." He ordered. And for a brief moment, I could see the two of them having a silent conversation. Rick nodded and smiled at me. "Shall we?"

I just looked away as he led me out of the house.

Oh yeah! We're leaving the house! Perfect!

Then boom. A whole escape plan ruptured into my head. I was distracted with the whole party that I forgot about my current position.

This.... was going to be good.

I was going to get out of here. For sure this time!

And I wouldn't get caught. Not again!