Chapter 13:

"I need a better explanation! Where is he? How does he know-"

Jasper held a finger to his lips and glanced at the door. I shut my mouth, realizing that anyone could be listening in on us.

"We have to go, but remember, keep quiet about this, or else it'll cost you your freedom. By the way, I'm Jasper. This is my brother, Aim. And yes, we brought you back here for a reason. But just wait. It'll all make sense soon."

I watched as the two left the room, and sent one final wave to Aim, who looked a little sad about leaving.

The door closed, and I took a deep breath. God... the silence was agonizing.

Just as I was about to lie down, I heard the door knob twist. I looked up, and stared at the figure before me.

I shook a little as I tried to suppress any anxious thoughts.

I watched cautiously as Cain slowly released me, and I took the chance to stand up, wobbling due to his long I had been sitting down.

"What're you-"

I was interrupted by Cain pulling out a strange collar, and using it up to my neck.

I backed away, but he gripped the back of my neck and pulled me forward before locking it on.

I was scared as I glanced up at him.

He suddenly turned, with my hand in his, and he pulled me after him as we began to walk. I struggled to keep up with him, feeling weaker than ever, but he didn't seem to care and dragged me along.

I winced as he gripped my wrist even harder than before.

I looked around, a little clueless. I had never seen this part of the house, and the thought was a little worrying. My imagination was running loose at that point.

Finally, we stopped. He opened the door, and I finally had an idea of what was going on. My jaw dropped as I realized that my worst nightmare had come true.

I instantly pulled away, desperate t9 get away. I felt tears prickle my eyes as the reality set in.

"Please! Let go!"

My cries went ignored as my eyes wandered, hoping to find something to help me get away from him.

I caught sight of a vase and attempted to grab it. As Cain tried to drag me into the room, I finally grabbed a hold of it and hit him as hard as possible while he was calling for assistance from other members.

His eyes met mine, and I could see how angry that had made him. The rage was.... terrifying.

But the blood that had begun to pour down his face almost made me sigh with relief.

I took off, and ran as far from that room as possible.

Things were taking a sharp turn, and I was in hot water if I didn't get out of there.

I saw a window and opened it, hoping I could escape through it.

But when I saw that I was on the second floor, I almost cried.

"He's right here!" I heard a voice call out.

I looked up, like a deer caught in the headlights and knew I had to make a choice.

I could jump, and possible escape and die, or get caught and never escape.

My eyes analyzed the fall and took a deep breath.

Before I could second guess myself, I was falling. I prepared for the pain, and screamed when I landed. It was much worse than what I prepared for.

I struggled to stand up, realizing there could be a broken bone, due to the dark bruise that was already formed.

But I had no time to care. I took off running, ignoring any pain, thought hindered me quite a lot.

I almost shouted at myself for how pathetic I was acting. I needed to get away, but my body was in so much pain, I could see stars.

Then, a thought hit me.

What if Jasper and Aim were still here? Could they help me?

I know they said to wait, but if they saw what I saw, they wouldn't hesitate.

I heard shouts and clicked my tongue.

Best case scenario, I would hide. That's all I could do.

I quickly ducked behind a tree and covered my mouth to hide the sounds of my heavy breaths.

If I were to get caught, that would be it for me. I would get a punishment even worse that the previous one...

At this point, I was crying. Tear welled up, and I almost panicked. I couldn't cry!

Not here, not now.

I heard a crunch, and my heart dropped.
My eyes shifted to the left of the tree, and I shivered.

A face popped up, and my eyes widened.

"Arc!" I exclaimed with a sigh of relief. "How did you find me?!"

Arc shushed me before looking around him.

"Can you walk?" He whispered, his eyes constantly shifting.

"I hurt my leg..." I mumbled, looking at the useless thing. He nodded and tucked his arm under both my legs before lifting me up.

I was surprised at his strength, but kept quiet as he carried me through the woods. We heard to occasional voice, but so far, we were almost back to the real world.

"We need to get rid go of that thing, before we go."

I looked to the collar and nodded. "Does it have a tracker or something?" I asked, pulling at it.

Arc nodded, and I exposed my neck.

"Hmm... it seems as though the collar won't be that easy to break. Hold on...."

He grabbed a rock and I stared at him in disbelief. "You're gonna kill me, aren't you?!"

"What? No! Just stay still and you won't get hurt."

I took a deep breath and shut my eyes tightly.

As he attempted to smash the lock, I thought back to the house.

"How did you know I was in trouble?"
I asked, probably distracting him.

He didn't seem bothered as he continued to wack at the collar. "Jasper."

"Huh? How?"

"I know I said to beware of him, but it seems like he's not so bad after all. He messaged me that he saw something that he shouldn't have, and to get you out of there just after he left the house."

I thought back to the room and sighed. "Thank God he called you!"

He nodded in agreement before we both heard a crunch.

"Yes!"

The collar fell off my neck and I smiled.

"Okay, we should hurry now. The deeper into the city we are, the better."

I nodded, and Arc picked me up once again.

"Hey... Arc... what exactly is going on? Why is Jasper helping me, and why am I so important to Cain? It just doesn't make sense."

Arc shook his head. "I couldn't tell you a thing. I'm just as clueless. All I know, is you might've been dragged into all of this."

That's funny... I always assumed I dragged everyone into my problems.

I thought back to David's message and grew even more confused.

How was David involved?