Chapter 10:

I stared out the window as the world around me moved unbelievably slow.

I had been waiting days after day for Arc. I know he needed time but geez. I was getting impatient. 

No one visited me, anymore, and I had begun to think that I was forgotten.

I mean, the occasional maid would deliver food, but that was about it.

Worst of all, I had nothing to keep my mind busy. I would simply sleep or think, and it was getting tiresome.

I heard a subtle knock and my ears perked. The door opened and in came Cain.

Ugh. Anyone but him.

He seemed to be lost in thought as he neared me, and I stared anxiously, waiting for some sort of bad new.

He took a seat on the chair beside my bed and smiled a little, shocking me.

"So? Don't you regret what you did? Don't you feel.... sorry?"

I raised my brows. I get it now. They were trying to teach me not to run off, so the stuck me in a cage. Just like a pet.

So.... They wanted to teach me a lesson?

My heart thumped as I nodded.

"Yes." No.

"I'm really sorry." No I'm not.

"I shouldn't have done it." I'll do it again.

My fake words must've made Cain happy, so he placed a cold hand on my cheek, and gently smiled.

"I'm glad you realize the error of your ways. You know that was a very bad thing to do."

Stop talking to me like I'm a child.

I tried my best to look as sorry as possible before nodding.

He smiled again before patting my head and stood up.

"Well, I'll be back again soon." He said before leaving. I rolled my eyes at him before laying back down.

"God I hate him." I spat out, pulling the blanket over my head.

I heard someone clear their throat and I widened my eyes.

They didn't hear that... right?

I gulped before peeking.

I sighed in relief when I saw Arc smiling at me. "I heard that." He joked.

I smiled back before leaning forward. "So? Any ideas?" I asked, my heart thumping loudly.

Arc let out a heavy sigh. "Sadly, nothing. Jasper's been on my ass the whole time. Interrogating and harassing me. It's getting shit worrisome."

"But, anyhow, I have been thinking of all sorts of solutions, but I though it'd be best to consult you."

I nodded again before realizing something. "Is there anyone guarding me?" I asked, curious.

Arc nodded before glancing at the door. "Don't worry, they can't hear us right now. There's another two rooms before this one."

My jaw dropped at the news. "Seriously? Isn't that a bit much? How many are there even?"

Arc held up four fingers and I rolled my eyes. "Four? Seriously?"

He nodded before glancing out the window with steel bars preventing anyone from opening them.

"What floor am I on?" I asked, looking down on the street.

"Fourth floor. It's impossible to escape through the window, but I guess the bars are just in case."

"Anyway, any ideas?" I asked, interrupting him after the window comment, feeling dread creep up on me.

"Well, there are very few.... we could somehow trick the guards?"

"Maybe..."

"But how would we trick them?"

There was a short silence before Arc shook his head. "No... that won't work...."

I sighed before glancing at the chains. How would we even remove these things?

My eyes followed the trail of chains which led up to the ceiling. My eyes widened when I saw something.

"The vent!" I whispered loudly.

Arc looked up, and he stared thoughtfully before nodding. "Yeah! That could work!"

I smiled before pointing at the chains. "What about these? How do I remove them?"

Arc grinned before shaking his head. "No a problem. I can pick locks easily."

I raised a brow. "You sure?"

He nodded. "Yeah! I used to do it a lot as a kid!"

That worried me, but I didn't care to question it. "So, how much longer do I have to stay here?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed together.

Arc shrugged. "We'll have to pick an important date...."

"Like?"

"I don't know yet... but I'll visit you more often, and drop off the tools we'll need, one by one. And when I say so, we'll both escape. We'll discuss what happens after, but so far, we've got a great plan ahead of us."

"Do you know where the vent leads to?" I asked, hoping to get a clear understanding in order to plan things out.

"Well, on your way, you should come across someone's bedroom. That's were we'll meet."

"Who's bedroom?"

Arc tried his best to remember, and snapped his fingers when he did. "Rick's!"

I let out a sigh of relief, thinking it was Cain's.

"Thank God...."

"Alright, I'll be back next time. But I can't stay here very long, or they'll get suspicious. We'll discuss things again soon."

I smiled and watched as he left. I should thank him more often. He was helping me, when it could easily backfire onto him.

I glanced at the window again before grinning. I was getting out of here. And then... I would go hide somewhere else. Somewhere far away.

I would have to leave my life behind...

I gripped the blanket tightly as a plan begun to form in my head.

Words could not explain how happy I was at the moment. 

How excited I was.

How... anxious I felt.