C-4.❤First Meeting.❤

"Us uparwale par bharosa rakhna,
Wo had se zyada dukn nahi deta...
Agar kuch lele wo tumse to,
Kuch khas zarur hai deta..."
-Mushaid Shaikh.

(Have faith in God,
He never gives unlimited pain...
If he takes something from you,
He'll definitely give something precious...)

***

Her heart is beating at such a speed that she thinks it'll come out from the ribcage. Why is Hunaif congratulating her? Did they fix her marriage? With these thoughts in mind, she began to cry loudly.

"Aapi (sister), what happened? Don't cry." Hunaif got worried and went to call his mom. As soon as her mom entered inside she hugs her daughter and rubs her back in a comforting manner and says, "Shh.. don't cry, my baby. Have faith in Allah, he always does what's right for us."

"Then why did Allah made dad fix my marriage? Why this Hunaif is wishing me?" Zaala asks her mom and her mom replies with a smile, "oh dear, you got it wrong. Your marriage isn't fixed. Those people told your dad that their son is thirty years old, that means he's eleven years older than you and they don't want such a long age gap Allah ka shukr hai (thank God)."

"But mom why you didn't inform me beforehand, about this proposal?" She asks.

"How can I, when I myself came to know about it today itself in the morning." Her mom replies and continues, "Zaala, you should always remember no matter how advanced our society becomes, still, few things won't ever change. If a boy does something wrong people forget it with time or they'll just ignore the fact that he did something wrong saying it doesn't matter because he's a boy. But people will do just the opposite of it when its a girl doing the wrong thing. A girls dignity and honour are regarded as a glass bangle (Kach ki chudi). Any blame on a girls dignity and honour is regarded as a crack on the bangle. I hope you know cracked bangles are useless and so does a girl becomes in the eye of the society. But I have faith in you, my love. You won't spoil our family's reputation."

Zaala gets confused and asks, " why are you telling me all these things ma?"

"I know child all those things that people speak about you and that boy are only rumours but you should be careful as your dad is getting the wrong impression." Saying so her mom kissed her forehead and left.
Now Zaala is sure that there isn't any option other than marriage in front of her. Even if this world turns upside-down her dad will never change his mind. She knew this time luck favoured her but she can't be lucky each time.

***

"Thank God you made a narrow escape. By the way, why don't you talk to your dad directly about it?" Umme Hani asks.

"I can't. Since the time I came to know about his betrayal, I'm angry with him. If he believes that his daughter is betraying him then let him believe it. He should also feel the same pain of betrayal what we all felt when he broke our trust, he should also know how it feels when someone you love breaks your trust." Zaala replies angrily.

"But Zaala..." Zaala cuts Umme Hani in the middle and says, "I don't want to talk on this topic anymore."

"Ok, but I have an idea to solve your problem. I'll talk to Sabil and make him understand your situation. Maybe he will understand your problem and leave you alone." Umme Hani tells Zaala and she nods her head in agreement.

The moment they finished their talk Sabil and Zimad entered into the canteen. Seeing them Zaala tells Umme Hani to leave the canteen but Umme Hani tells her to end this chapter now itself. Then Umme Hani gestures Sabil to come towards them. The shock is evident on Sabil's face but soon a huge smile appeared on it.

"Jab bhi dekhte hai hame,
Night jhuka lete hai wo.
Samaj Nahi aata unhe Gila hai humse,
Ya Pyar Karne Se karate hai wo?"
(Whenever she looks at me,
She lowers her gaze.
Can't understand if she has a problem with me,
Or is she afraid to love?)
Sabil comments after sitting down on his chair opposite to Zaala and continues, "so finally you realised my love for you when you are on the edge of getting married."

Hearing Sabil's words Zaala's jaws dropped to the floor. She only asks, "how?"

"My Angel I know each and everything going on in your life." He replies.

Umme Hani thinks it's better to interfere Sabil now before he assumes something different on his own. She tells him, " Sabil Bhai(brother) because of your deeds people are spreading rumours about you and Zaala. They are pointing fingers on her character. All because you follow her everywhere, even if she goes on her terrace you too come upon yours and keep looking at her. These rumours have reached uncle's ears and now he wants Zaala to get married. He brought a proposal that day in which that boy or man, don't know what I should call him, was eleven years older than Zaala. She has few dreams for her future and she wants to fulfil them. Please stop following her. She is suffering unnecessarily because of you. Let her remain in peace. Maybe then the rumours will stop and her father will change his mind."

Sabil remains silent for some time. This feeling that he holds for Zaala is different for him. He has a long list of girlfriends in his life but the pull that he feels towards Zaala, he never felt it before. When he first saw her walking with a lowered gaze and her simple dress and her pretty face without any make up he instantly decided that one day he'll marry a girl like her. He saw many girls and within these two years after following her he finally realised that he can never find any other girl like Zaala so why not Zaala? He realised he is falling for his unique prey but he knows his feeling is nothing as compared to this girls dignity and honour and it's on stake all because of him. He knows she is a pure soul and his soul is tainted.

After taking a deep breath he speaks, "ok, I won't follow you from now onwards but I can't guarantee those rumours will end. I know you are afraid of the consequences but always remember I'll be waiting for you till my last breath."

"There's no use in waiting for me. My dad won't ever allow my marriage to happen with someone like you." Zaala replies with a lowered gaze.

"I know I had many girlfriends but I never told them I love you. They were willing to do timepass affairs. Since the time I started following you, I never looked at any other girl. In regards to the waiting thing, I'll tell my parents that they gave me this life so they can take it but my heart belongs to someone else they can't interfere with it. If ever you need my help in anything I'll always be there for you." Sabil tells them.
Zaala and Umme Hani gets up but before they leave the canteen they hear Sabil saying,
"Pal pal taste the is pal ke liye,
Wo pal Aaya bhi to bas Ek pal ke liye.
Socha use Zindagi ka sabse hasin pal bana lu,
Par wo pal Ruka bhi to Bas Ek pal ke liye."

(The moment for which I eagerly waited every moment,
It came only for a moment.
I thought to it as the most special moment of my life,
But the moment stopped only for a moment.)

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

So what are views about Sabil and Zaala?

Should Sabil listen to Umme Hani or not?

Hint-
In the next chapter, Zaala will face some 🤗 and some 😢 things.