Ch-19.❤Caught.❤

"Aa zamane, aazmale ruthta nahi,
Faslose hausla ye tutta nahi.
Na hai wo bewafa aur na mai hu bewafa. Wo meri aadato ki tarah Chutta nahi..."

(Come Oh world, test me, won't get angry,
with distance, this courage won't break.
She isn't disloyal, nor am I,
Just like my addictions, she doesn't leave.)
-Song Bekhayali, movie- Kabir Singh.

***

"Shit, shit, shit!" Sabil whispers and Zaala starts crying.

"Stop crying, they are coming here. Look we need to face them bravely. Enough of this hide and seek. We are husband and wife now and they need to know this." Sabil tells Zaala but seeing her mom and aunt coming she runs towards the road. Sabil has no other choice than to follow her in order to stop her.

Zaala doesn't stop when he calls her so he runs faster than her and lifts her up in his arms but she promises that she won't run away so he places her back on the ground but suddenly her mom and aunt comes from their front side and they see a car coming from their backside. Zaala goes towards her left side and tries to hide near the field between the crops but Sabil remains standing on the side of the road for the car to pass by.

Maybe luck isn't in their favour today as the car stops near Sabil. Zaala's uncle gets down from his car. His son gets down from the other side and quickly removes the key from Sabil's bike which is parked nearby. Sabil curses himself for not removing the key earlier. He calls Zaala to come out. Zaala comes out and her uncle tells her to sit inside the car. Her mom along with her aunt and Zaala sits on the backseat. Her uncle sits on the driving seat and tells Sabil to sit on the passenger seat. They then go to a secluded area.

After they stop the car Zaala's aunt says, "beta (child) is this what we taught you since your childhood? You were such a good girl that I used to present you as an example in front of other girls so that they'll try to become like you and see how you broke my trust." She then turns towards Sabil and asks, "don't you have a mother or sisters at your home? How dare you tried to run away with our daughter?"

"No aunty I just came to meet her, we never planned to run away. She got scared and was running towards the road and I was only following her to stop her." Sabil defends himself.

"See the boy you choose, he's such a coward that after getting caught he's putting the whole blame on you." Aunt Khulus taunts.

"Zaala stop crying for God's sake and tell them the truth. They are assuming the wrong thing." He tells Zaala who is a crying mess right now.

"We weren't running away. Why will I do that? We only wanted to meet and talk right now." Zaala finally replies.

"And who's he to you that you were so desperate to meet him?" Her uncle asks.

"We love each other and we marr..." Before Sabil could complete his sentence Zaala's uncle cuts him in the middle, "shut up and call your father." He then turns towards Zaala and says, "Do you know how humiliating your actions are? This is a village, things like this are seen as a big crime and taboo here, unlike your city. You know I got a call from that grocery shopkeeper that a boy was asking my address and I headed towards my house right away thinking that a guest has arrived but on my way home I got a call from Khulus that you are missing and upon seeing both of you running my brain finally put the pieces together. Now I need to talk to his father."

Sabil calls his elder brother and says, "assalamalaikum abba (dad)." His elder brother sense something in Sabil's tone and asks, "Is everything all right?"

Sabil replies, "no abba there's a girl whom I love and today her family caught us together and they want to talk to you abba." He then hands over the mobile to Zaala's uncle who goes outside his car and then talks.