Ch-22.❤Marriage.❤

"Tum lakh bhulakar dekho
Hum apne dil ki awaz tumhare tak pohcha
Sakte hai...
Na SMS ka na call ka mohtaj hai ye dil
Hum aap ke dil ko ek hichki se hila sakte hai..."

(You keep trying to forget me
I can still make my heart's voice reach yours...
My heart isn't dependant on SMS or a call
I can shake your heart with just a hiccup...)

***

"Are you awake my doll?" Mr Faruqi asks Zaala as soon as she sits up on her bed after waking up from her restless sleep." "Yes, dad." She replies with a smile that doesn't reach her eyes.

" Do you want water?" He asks and Zaala nods her head in agreement.

Mr Faruqi himself gives her a glass of water. He then tells Zarq to prepare ginger tea for Zaala as her throat is soar and her voice comes out not more than a whisper because of it.

Actually, Mr Faruqi and Zaala are on good terms since last week. He is bringing all her favourite dishes every day, since last week like chicken tandoori, strawberry and chocolate pastry, pistachio ice cream, chicken biryani, choco moose, etc. Because of all these things she suffers from swollen tonsils, throat infection and high fever.

After drinking the tea she goes to take a bath. Zaya is constantly crying for the last two days as both the sisters never remained apart anytime, so now Zaala cries a lot while taking the shower as she knows Umme Hani won't let her cry while dressing her up.

As soon as she comes out of the bathroom Zaya tells her that their Bade Abbu (Mr Faruqi's elder cousin) is waiting to take her signature. In one of her nightgown itself, she says 'Qabool hai' three times and then signs. A smile appears on her face remembering her first nikah but the smile quickly gets washed away as she glances at herself in the mirror. Her first nikah (marriage) dress was a burkha (abaya) and her second marriage dress is this nightgown. She pouts unhappily.

"Hey gowny bride, congrats." Umme Hani teases her.

"Is that even a term?" Zaala asks in a complaining tone.

"Yeah, I introduced it just now." Umme Hani replies and both the friends laugh.

Zarq enters inside and asks them to hurry up. Zaala's nikah was held at a mosque and the lunch was held in the mosque as well as in a marriage hall. After Zaala gets ready she is taken to the marriage hall. She didn't had her breakfast as she doesn't feel hungry because of her fever.

After sitting for nearly an hour she feels a severe headache because of her cold and cool flowers. But nobody allows her to remove them. At lunch time Umme Hani and Zaya try to feed her but she only takes three bites and doesn't eat more.

After some times Hunaif comes there with a chocolate-strawberry pastry which Mr Faruqi gave for Zaala. She's beyond shocked as this is the first he's allowing her to eat something like this in her illness but she happily eats it. Sabil then comes there and they take some photos of the bride and the groom along with their relatives.

After the guests leave from there Mr Faruqi sends Zaala to his house. Sabil wanted to do the bidai (bride's farewell) from the marriage hall itself but gets annoyed when he comes to know that his bride has already left. Mr Faruqi takes Sabil in a corner and says, "look here my doll isn't feeling well, she's having a high fever and I can't send her at your home today. We'll do the bidai after she gets well."

"What?" Sabil gets shocked, he feels like banging his head on the pillar beside him or rather banging Mr Faruqi's head on it but the later has already left.

Sabil then thinks of a perfect plan to backfire. Instead of going to his home from the marriage hall he takes all his relatives to Mr Faruqi's house, especially the ladies and the children. Mr Faruqi gets confused seeing so many people at his house all of a sudden but being helpless he has to welcome them.