Ch-21. ❤Separation.❤

"Mujhe nazar andaz karna hai to
Shiddat se karna,
Kahi nazar nil gayi to
Andaz badal jaenga..."
-Qamar Suroor.

(If you want to ignore me then
Do it with determination,
Otherwise, if our eyes meet then
Your style will change*...")
[*It means your anger will go away].

***

"What do you mean? You can't back off now. I'm a man of words, I'll always keep her safe and she's my wife now. I don't need your money all I need is your daughter." Sabil gets angry.

"Cooldown young man. What I mean is that I'm not disowning my daughter, I was only testing you and you passed the test. Don't even think in your dreams that you'll stop me from seeing my daughter. She is not only my daughter but my life. No matter if she broke my heart, my trust and my pride, I can never hurt her by breaking all ties with her. As they say, a magician's life is kept in his parrot (it's a Hindi proverb) likewise my life dwells in Zaala." Saying so Mr Faruqi takes a pause.

After a silence of a few seconds, he continues, "you know yesterday night she looked in my eyes for the first time and for the first time she raised her voice in front of me. She told me that he broke my trust just like I broke her mother's and all thanks to you for giving her this much confidence. I know she won't understand me now but I hope in future she does. Don't ever dare to make her cry or else I won't let you live even if it makes my own daughter a widow."

"Don't be so insecure uncle. She's not only your life but also mine. I can lay my life for her." Sabil assures him.

"I want one favour from you or consider it as an order. You'll have to go to Jamat (travelling to different places preaching God's way along with learning more about the religion and trying to become more religious in Muslim) for four months with a group which I'll provide you. Only then I'll allow Zaala to be fully yours.

"Brilliant, so that you can marry her off to someone else in my absence." Sabil claps his hands.

"I'm a man of words. I won't go back on my own words if you fulfil my condition. Don't forget that I love my religion and as you are her husband I won't do this sin of marrying her off to someone else in your absence without a proper divorce." Mr Faruqi replies calmly.

"I won't ever divorce her even for the treasures of this world. She's my whole world. And make it forty days instead of four months." Sabil replies.

"Four months and it's final or else give her divorce and never show your face again. Can't you do this much for her? I told her to take admission in a famous Arts college in Mumbai and we'll shift there. I even assured her that I won't insist her for marriage till she completes her MA or PhD but you know she declined my offer as I kept the condition that in order to do so she'll have to ask for a divorce from you. She happily sacrificed her dreams for you and see where you aren't ready to sacrifice four months for her." Mr Faruqi taunts Sabil.

After some argument finally Sabil agrees. He calls Zaala there itself as Mr Faruqi himself tells him to talk to Zaala for the last time till these four months end.

After greeting each other Sabil says, "so I need to go to Jamat for four months as it's your dad's condition. He assured that after that you'll be mine forever but I don't trust him fully. You can always call Zimad for help if your dad tries to marry you off to someone else in my absence. Believe me, even if your dad tries to do your marriage underground I'll carry you away from there too." Sabil slowly talks with her in one corner but he purposefully says the last line loudly for Mr Faruqi to hear.

***

Everyone is happy now except Mr Faruqi and Mr Rehman as both are doubtful if Sabil will really complete his fourths or not. But they don't Know Sabil is determined and he can do anything for his Zaala.

Within a week Mr Faruqi sends Sabil with a group of twenty men. They go to different states in these four months like Delhi, Orrisa, etc. Sabil decides to take this opportunity to leave his bad addiction to smoking as he knows Zaala sometimes suffers from allergic asthma. As soon as the thought comes in his mind that day itself he quits smoking. He suffers a lot as he immediately left smoking after smoking for years. Even the doctor suggests him to leave his addiction slowly but he chooses to suffer as he's doing it for his Zaala.

Before he wasn't a very religious person but in these four months he learns a lot about his religion. In his heart, he's more than thankful to Mr Faruqi for this. He keeps tabs on Zaala through Zimad but doesn't break his side of the deal by talking with her.

When three months end he gets a phone call from Zaala's maternal uncle that Mr Faruqi is marrying Zaala with Wajid Ali. Sabil gets furious and decides to return. He's about to step out of the mosque but hears the adhan so he stops for the prayer. After offering his prayer he feels calm.

He then thinks with a calm mind and later on calls Zimad who assures him that it's just fake news. Still having some doubt he calls his dad who tells him to stay there till he conforms about the news.

After half an hour Mr Rehman calls his son and assures him that it's nothing but fake news to make Sabil return. He also tells him what Mr Faruqi told about Zaala's maternal aunt's intention. Sabil thanks God for showing him the right way.

***

When only fifteen days were left for Sabil to return he calls Mr Faruqi and asks for his permission to talk to Zaala as he's very sick and is admitted in a hospital. He also tells Mr Faruqi that he wants them to fix his marriage date before he returns. Mr Faruqi tells him that after going home he'll call him and then he can talk with Zaala. Mr Faruqi tells him to send his family members to Mr Faruqi's house next week to fix the date of their marriage.

***

Zaala is feeling uneasy since last two days. She even cried but her heart still feels restless. It became calm only when she talked with Sabil. He told her that her heart was restless as he was sick since the last two days and her heart can feel the pain and restlessness of his heart as love connects people by their hearts.

***

Next week...

"Mama what should I wear today? I'm confused and on top of it this Zaya is doing nothing other than increasing my confusion." Zaala complains.

Zarq smiles and hands over a shopper to Zaala saying that she needs to wear this as her dad himself brought it for her. Zaala gets shocked as her dad didn't talk to her in these three and a half months not did she.