C-8.❤Cruel Fate.❤

"Maut lekar is duniya se jana hai,
Par tumhe bhi hamari zindagi me and hai...
Intezar me to kabse baithe hai hum,
Tummese kisi ko to hamare pas zarur aana hai..."

(We have to leave this world with death,
But also want to bring you in my life.
I have been waiting since long,
One of you has to come towards me...)

***

Mr Faruqi buys expensive dresses for everyone. He even makes them buy matching jewellery and footwear. He then takes them to a five-star hotel for lunch. While returning home he stops at Zaala's favourite ice-cream parlour and buys her favourite ice-cream. In her excitement, Zaala hugs her dad and thanks him. She thinks that he finally realised his mistake and to gain forgiveness he's doing so.

Mr Faruqi's heart fills with delight seeing his daughter happy. A ray of hope makes its way in his heart that maybe in the near future Zaala will forgive him for his decision.

***

The bird of Time flew fast taking a whole month in his wings. Mr Faruqi didn't bother to decorate the house as his house looks clean and beautiful enough for a small function. All thanks to his wife and daughters. He already ordered the food and sweets for the engagement function without giving a single hint to his family. Just a day before the engagement he informed his wife and that too late at night. She panicked but he assured her that everything will be alright and strictly ordered her to make Zaala agree for this engagement otherwise he'll make them face the worst consequences.

Today is 30th April, Zaala's engagement day.

"What? No mom please don't do this with me. If you want I'll stop going to my college, I'll go only for the exams, I'll do whatever dad says but please understand it that I don't want to get married now. After completing my dreams I'll marry whichever boy dad wishes but please give me some time." Zaala pleads her mom.

"It's your engagement today not your marriage Zaala. Don't breakdown, have faith in Allah, he won't do injustice with you." Her mom tries to console her but fails.

Zarq then calls Umme Hani and ask her to make Zaala understand the situation. When Umme Hani comes, she makes Zaala understand that it's only her engagement, not the end of the world. With sore eyes and nervous heart Zaala agrees.

***

In the evening...

"Hani aapi (sister), is Zaala aapi ready? Hunaif asks.

"Yeah, she's fully ready." Umme Hani replies.
"Both of you come in the hall, everyone is waiting for you." Saying so he leaves.

Zaala's engagement is kept at her house as their hall is large enough to fit at least 150 people.

Zaala is made to sit on a chair in the middle of the hall and beside her, a guy is sitting on another chair. A lady comes and lifts Zaala's face and kiss her forehead saying Mashaallah. She then extends a ring box towards the guy next to Zaala. He removes the ring and the lady extends Zaala's hand towards him. Before he could insert the ring suddenly a song starts playing loudly somewhere,

Mere Mehboob kayamat hogi,
Aaj rusuva teri galiyo me Mohabbat hogi...
Meri nazre to Gila karti hai,
There dil ko Bhi Sanam tujhse shikayat hogi...

Everyone gets startled but soon realises that someone in their neighbourhood is playing that song on their music system very loudly. Then the boy inserts the ring in Zaala's finger in such a way that it hurts her. Zaala instantly gazes at him and finds him gazing at her with a murderous look.

Then Zarq gives another ring to Zaala. As she inserts the ring slowly into his finger he scratches the inside of her palm with another finger. Nobody can see it only Zaala can feel the pain and in this hurtful feeling her mind gets distracted towards the song,

Meri tarha Tu aahe bhare,
Tu bhi kisise Pyar kare,
Aur rahe wo tujhse pare.
Tune o Sanam dhaye he sitam,
To ye tu bhul na jana.
Kena tujpe bhi Inayat hogi,
Aaj rusuva teri galiyo me mohobbat hogi...

A lone tear escapes her eyes on these words. That guy who is now her fiance takes out a small gift box from his pocket and hand it over to Zaala, who keeps it in her purse. Everybody congratulates them and Zaala plasters a fake smile on her face for the sake of her parents.

***

After dinner, all the guests leave but Zaala force Umme Hani to stay and so she agrees to stay for the sake of her friend.

"Did you open the box?" Umme Hani asks and Zaala nods her head indicating no.

"Then open it now." Umme Hani gives the box to Zaala. When Zaala opens it she finds only a piece of paper inside. Both friends share a confused look. Then Zaala starts reading it loudly,

///

Assalamalaikum,

I know you might be confused about why I gave this paper to you as a gift? Believe me there isn't any other option left for me to convey my thoughts.

I'm in love with a girl and we are in a relationship since our college days. Because of my job, I live in Mumbai, since last year I was in Kuwait. She too works there with me in Mumbai and we were in a live-in-relationship. We shared the same apartment and the same room. I hope you understand what I mean. Dad insisted me to leave that job and get settled here and handle his business and I had no problem with that because I thought I'll marry my beloved and settle down in Pune itself but I was least aware of dad's intentions.

Now I'm not leaving my job in Mumbai, nor will I leave my girlfriend. I won't return to Kuwait as I can't imagine spending more time away from her so I'll continue my job in Mumbai. I don't want to keep you in darkness so I'm making things clear. After our marriage, you'll live here in Pune with my parents and I'll live in Mumbai just like before. I'll visit at weekends but we'll never share husband and wife type of relationship as I love Soni very much and you can never take her place in my life.

I tried convincing dad but he didn't agree. He thinks when I'll marry you I'll forget my past. So don't expect me to be loving and caring husband. In my life, you won't have a place other than my parent's so-called daughter-in-law or a maid.

Don't dare to expose my secret in front of your dad or else I'll deny it saying it's done by your Sabil guy. Now don't get shocked, I did a bit of research about you before our engagement, after all, I'm your fiance. One more thing after our marriage I won't tolerate it if you'll continue your affair with that filthy guy. So best of luck to you for your future full of pain and misery. Because that's what you deserve for coming between my live life.

Allah hafiz Maid.

///

Zaala became pale as her greatest fear came true and Umme Hani's blood boiled hearing his words.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Assalamalaikum, everyone.

Don't get angry with me because there are people like this guy in this world for whom a girl's life means nothing but don't worry Sabil is there for Zaala...😉