❤Ch-14. The Heartbreak.❤

"Kash wo pal sath bitae na hote,
To akho me ye aasu aae na hote...
Is tarah dil todna hi tha,
To itni gehrai se usme samae na hote..."
-unknown.

(Only if we wouldn't have spent those moments together,
then today there wouldn't have been tears in my eyes...
If you wanted to break my heart this way,
then you shouldn't have entered into it so deeply...)

***

"Sabi..." Zaala's next words get silenced by Sabil's lips on hers. She tries to push him again, she hits him on his chest but it doesn't help to move him away. His grip behind her neck is firm. He leaves her lips when he feels a lack of oxygen.

Resting his forehead on hers, he realises that she is shivering from head to toe. Then he notices tears running down her cheeks. Her distraught state is enough to bring his senses back. He realises his mistake but it's too late as he cannot do anything. The damage is already done.

As soon as he frees her from his grip, Zaala falls down and hiding her face between her knees she pleads, "please leave me, please don't do this with me. You'll find many other girls who'll willingly do this dirty thing with you. Please leave me for God's sake."

Sabil feels guilty. He rubs his face with his palms, "I'm sorry Zaala. I got angry because your dad insulted mine. He thinks that my dad asked me to trap you in my love and marry you for your wealth. I lost my temper hearing this accusation. My dad is a very patience man so he left from there without uttering a single word but I have an anger issue. When I get angry, I lose control over myself. I'm really sorry dear, please forgive me."

He kneels down and tries to lift her face but she pushes his hands away, "no, you don't deserve forgiveness. All men are the same. Because of you, dad wants to punish me by marrying me off to that filthy man and now because of dad you punished me but the difference is that I can happily accept my dad's punishment, not yours. You made me feel disgusted, you made me impure, I'm impure now and the worst thing is that all this happened because I broke the rule. It's haram (prohibited) to bring a stranger inside our room and I let you come inside my room so now God has made me impure."

Zaala constantly rubs her lips with her palm all the while crying. Sabil feels heartbroken, "no dear you are not impure. You are the purest soul that I ever meet in my life. I am the impure one. Just forgive me this time. I promise you I won't ever repeat it next time."

"No, I trusted you at that time when everyone broke my trust when I stopped trusting my own self but today you too did the same. A broken trust can never get replaced. Just get out of here and from my life too." Zaala gets up and runs towards the bathroom, locking the door from inside.

Sabil knows that it's useless to wait for her or to plead her to open the door, so he leaves from there.

***

Next day...

Zaala opens her eyes and is welcomed with a pounding headache. Tears start forming in her eyes as she remembers the yesterdays incident. After standing under the shower for a long time she had changed her clothes and came out from the bathroom. Laying on her bed she had cried herself to sleep. Now the light coming from her window indicated that it's day time.

"Are you awake sweetie?" Zaala's mom peeks inside her room.

"Yes mom, I just woke up," Zaala replies.

Zarq then brings tea and biscuits for her daughter, till that time Zaala does her daily routine.

Zaala still feels disgusted. The feeling of being impure still lingers in her head. She then goes inside her parent's room and searches for the sleeping pills which her dad always keeps to consume whenever he felt lack of sleep. In his drawer, she finds only a single sachet.

She knew it's haram to do so but she also knows that nothing can remove this feeling of impurity from her mind. She then takes a glass of water in her room and takes all the pills. Within a few minutes, she feels sleepy and sleeps on her bed.

After half an hour Zaala's mom sends Zaya to call Zaala for breakfast. When Zaya enters her sister's room and calls her but she doesn't receive any answer. She decides to go near her and shake her but when she goes near her she notices the familiar sachet of sleeping pill beside a glass of water. When she shakes Zaala, she doesn't respond. Getting afraid she calls her mom.

***

"Bhai I don't know why she did this but please don't inform her dad about this. You can tell him anything else, please." Zarq pleads her cousin who's a doctor as she brought her daughter to his hospital.

"Ok Zarq I will tell bhaijan (brother but here it means brother-in-law)  but you should ask Zaala about the reason for which she tried to take her life." Dr Ikram replies.

"Thank you, brother." Zarq thanks him wiping the tears from her eyes.

"It's ok, now she's out of danger and she'll gain conscious soon." Saying so he leaves.

"Is she alright now?" Mr Faruqi asks speedily entering inside and walks towards the hospital bed where his daughter is.

"Yo... You came so soon?" Zarq asks as she didn't expect him to come so soon. He has left for Mumbai just a few minutes before she served tea to Zaala and she thought that he won't return today.

"Yeah, I came soon because Mustakim (their driver) informed me that Zaala felt unconscious and is admitted here, so I returned back as soon as he informed me. Now tell me why you didn't call me?" Mr Faruqi sits beside Zaala combing her hair with his fingers.

"Actually, I didn't want to make you worry about such a little thing." Zarq makes an excuse.

"You call this a little thing, she felt unconscious suffering from food poisoning." Mr Faruqi shouts and Zarq places her fingers on her forehead thinking about the lame excuse her brother gave her husband.

"From now on she'll never eat anything in any function." Mr Faruqi tells his wife and she protests, "how can we do this? It's not like this thing will happen again and again."

"No, we can never take a risk when it comes to her. We'll take precaution next time. She's my life Zarq and I'll do every possible thing to protect her." He tells her.

"Can I ask you something?" Zarq asks.

"You don't need my permission to ask." Mr Faruqi smiles.

"Why did you told all those things in front of Umme Hani's dad when we were about to leave." Zarq had this confusion since yesterday when she heard her husband telling those harsh words all the while glaring at a man who was about to leave.

"My words were directed to that man who went away just before us. You don't know him, he is that boy Sabil's dad. He has a joint family of nearly fifteen to eighteen people. He's a middle-class man. I know he's a good person but his son isn't. I purposefully taunted him in order to hurt his self-respect so that he'll warn his son to stay away from Zaala. I know they are good people but they can never fulfil all my daughter's demand and I don't want my daughter to work for the whole day for so many people after her marriage. Now I'm a bit relieved as I'm sure he'll take effective measures to prevent his son from coming near my daughter. My daughter is very innocent and boy's like Sabil know well how to trap innocent girls and ruin their life." Mr Faruqi replies and Zarq nods her head in agreement.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AssalamAlaikum my lovely readers...

I'm sure now all my readers have understood why Mr Faruki has done that. His only intention is his daughter's happiness but he fails to understand where her true happiness lies...😕

If only he would have trusted his daughter then all this misunderstanding wouldn't have happened. If only Zaala would have expressed her feelings, things wouldn't have gone this far...😔

Sometimes we try to run away from our problems forgetting that no matter how far we run, there comes a day when we have to face it no matter what.🙁

So it's better to be straight forward and express our point if we aren't at fault, maybe our loved once will trust us, who knows. They know us better than ourselves and our silence sometimes confirms their doubt so always share your problems with your family as only they can help you to find a solution.