Ch. 1 Trapped

Lilly missed her mother more than anything and so did Hope. At this point, Klaus was willing to buy her anything just to get her to be calm, but the only thing that really helped was when Elijah took her to the bayou on every full moon. Today was one of those many days. Elijah was setting up a table of food while the little four year old ran around picking flowers.

She ran over to her uncle, a small bouquet of wild flowers in her hands. "Do you think Mommy will like these?" she wondered.

Elijah smiled. "Of course," he said. He knew Rory would like anything her daughters made her.

A truck pulled up and a man holding a rifle got out. "Hell of a spot for a picnic," he said.

"Yes, if you can tolerate the mosquitoes it's actually rather serene. I would also like to ask you not to us language around my niece. Finger sandwich?" Elijah said, holding out a tray.

Lilly smiled politely, even though she definitely didn't like whoever this was.

The guy scoffed at the vampire. "Trouble is, you're trespassing. This whole area is now property of Kingmaker Land Development. In two years, it's gonna be golf courses and condos," he said.

"I take it you're not on the board of directors," Elijah said.

"My team and I are animal control. There's been an influx of wild predators. My boss pays top dollar to, uh, wipe 'em out," the man told them.

"Wild predators?" Elijah asked.

"Wolves, if you can believe it or not. Killed a half dozen last night. This baby can take a head clean off," he said gesturing to the gun.

Lilly gasped. "The wolves are friends," she said.

The guy looked at the four year old, slightly confused.

Elijah turned Hope's stroller around and knelt down next to his oldest niece. "Lilly, you remember some of the songs your Auntie Bex taught you?" he asked.

She nodded. "I want you to turn around and sing those for a moment," he told her. She gave another nod and did as he asked.

"I'm, uh, have to ask you to clear out. ASAP," the man said. He patted Elijah on the shoulder. The vampire grabbed his arm and broke it, before running at the two other guys. He knocked them out, before going back to the first one. He grabbed him by the throat.

"Call off your men. You leave this place. You seek another line of work. No more dead wolves," Elijah compelled.

"I'm an independent contractor. There are other teams out there. I don't have the authority to-"

Elijah didn't bother letting him finish, he just snapped his neck. He walked over to Lilly, picking her up. "Thank you," he said, and used supernatural speed to take her into the cabin.

|

Rory Forbes was beyond pissed to find herself locked in a magical cage on the one night she could see her kids. She had already been angry that she couldn't see them everyday, but being trapped right now took the anger to a whole new level.

Davina walked in, confirming Rory's guess that this was witch related. She was really getting sick of being kidnapped by witches. "What am I doing here? Why am I trapped?" she asked.

Davina threw a blanket at her, which she quickly used to cover herself. "I used magic to draw you here and to keep you a captive audience," Davina explained.

"Davina, I need to see my daughters," Rory said, standing.

"I'm sorry. But there's something I need you to do for me first," Davina said.

Rory glared at the witch, knowing this wouldn't end well.

First chapter of season three / book three! I also changed the point of view because Lilly is getting older and I want to be able to show her thoughts on some things. I also wanted to show Klaus and Elijah's feelings during parts of this book.

Please vote and comment!