Ch. 5 Christmas

Dear Elena, 

Why the hell am I writing to you? I don't know. But here I am, about to tell you of all people everything. 

In case no one filled you in, two sirens and your boyfriend kidnapped my children and neices. As you might have guessed, I am a little pissed. As much as I love Damon, he lays a finger on my kids again and he will lose the whole arm. Moving on, the kidnapping was scary, yes. But it's not what's bothering me. 

I had already decided before then that my kids were no longer safe with me and this led to Caroline coming to the same realization. So, Ric and Hayley took them. While we know they're safe, having to give up your kids is hard to the say the least. Not to mention the fact that Caroline is also having to give up her fiance and my boyfriend is locked in a dungeon. 

To summarize, life sucks. But it's Christmas. I have never missed a Christmas with my kids and I don't plan to miss this one. Ric and Hayley are bringing them over so that the nine of us, plus Bonnie, Enzo and Matt- thank the Lord Caroline agreed to cook- can have a no-drama Christmas dinner. 

Oh, crap. I just jinxed this, didn't I? Maybe if I erase that sentence? No, I'll leave it. I'm sure someone else will explain to you how our Christmas plans no doubt went to hell. 

|

Rory closed the journal, sighing. She walked over to the mirror and looked at herself. She had found a red off the shoulder dress that seemed somewhat Christmas like. "This is not going to go to hell," she told herself, but only frowned at that. This was Christmas in Mystic Falls, no way was it going to go as planned. 

She walked out of her room just in time to hear the doorbell ring. Her and Caroline rushed towards it, but sadly, the blonde vampire was closer. She opened the door and the four kids ran in and towards their mothers. Rory hugged both her daughters tightly, sending Alaric and Hayley a grateful smile. They all told each other Merry Christmas. The kids were clearly excited for the holiday. 

"Here, let me help take your jackets off," Caroline said, helping her daughters. Rory did the same. 

"I'm afraid we're not gonne be able to stay very long," Alaric said. 

"What? Why?" Caroline asked. Her and Rory exchanged a look. "It's our last day with them for awhile," Caroline said, quietly. 

"Yeah, well, uh, I take it you two haven't spoken with Matt," Alaric said, walking further into the house. 

The mothers exchanged a look. "No," they both said. 

"Is Seline coming to dinner?" Josie asked, jumping up and down. Hope and Lizzie nodded in excitement. 

Rory and Caroline turned away from Alaric to look at them in surprise. "No, honey," Caroline said. 

Rory wrapped her arm around Lilly, holding her close to her. Lilly seemed to have been the only one to realize that she had been kidnapped. 

Stefan walked over to them. "Hey, I thought I heard you four. I have your Christmas presents upstairs," he told the kids. 

"Yay!" the younger three yelled. Lilly looked up at her mother. Rory nodded and the seven year old followed Stefan and the other three kids towards her presents. 

The hybrid made sure they were out of earshot before her and Caroline turned towards Alaric. "They're asking for Seline?" Caroline said. 

"I know," Alaric said. 

"She kidnapped them," Rory reminded. 

"I guess they didn't register the danger. They just keep asking for her ever since I got them back. Except Lilly, which has triggered a few fights that didn't end well," Ric told them.