Ch. 4 Kidnapped

Police officers were all over the house at this point. "When was the last time you saw the nanny?" an officer asked Alaric.

"Here. She offered to watch the girls for me. We spoke by phone a few hours ago. She was getting ready to put the girls to bed," Alaric told him.

"I have these. I don't know which ones you want to use. This is them," Caroline said, showing the officer the picture she had shown Matt.

"And, uh, this is Sybil, the woman who we believe is with Seline," Rory said, handing him a notebook with a sketch of the siren.

"How do you know they're traveling together?" he wondered.

"It's a hunch. Sybil is Seline's sorta sister," Caroline told him.

"'Sorta sister'?" he asked.

"Does that freaking matter? I'm pretty sure they're together and they took my kids," Rory snapped.

"So are you gonna disseminate these photos or what?" Caroline asked.

Rory saw Alaric standing in the doorway, on the phone. She listened in with hybrid hearing. She walked over to him, snatching the phone. "Okay, you heard Alaric's threat, now it's my turn," she said, knowing Seline was on the line.

"Rory," the siren said.

"Yeah, and you are going to bring them back or-"

"I can't do that," Seline said. "Do you have any idea just how powerful your kids are?"

"Trust me, the many people who have came for them have proved that. But during seven years of people trying to take them from me, you are the first to ever succeed in kidnapping them. You better hope that Alaric is the one who finds you, because he is much kinder than me. If I'm first- and I promise you, one of us will find you- I will rip you to pieces," Rory growled.

|

Sitting next to her sister, Lilly picked at her ice cream with her spoon. The four girls were sitting at a booth in a diner, all with ice cream in front of them. Seline slid back into the booth, looking startled.

The bell rang, announcing the people entering. "Hello, sissy," Sybil said as she walked in arm-in-arm with Damon.

Seline spun towards them. "Sybil?" she asked.

"Quite the family reunion you've sprung on us," Sybil said.

Damon smiled at the four kids and Lilly immediately grabbed her sister's hand. "Hey, little munchkins. Remember me?" he asked.

|

"Take the next right, the diner will be a mile ahead on your left," Caroline told Alaric, who was driving the car.

"And if it's a dead end like the last three?" Alaric wondered.

"Then, I don't know, Ric," Caroline said. "But Stefan will find them, somehow."

"Yeah, well, if you were sure of that he'd be driving and not me," Alaric said.

"And you'd still be wearing your engagement ring," Rory added.

"Are we really gonna discuss this, Rory?" Caroline asked.

"Better than sitting here feeling useless," Rory said from the back seat.