Ch. 12 Death Sentence

Holding Lilly's hand and with Hope on her hip, Rory entered the compound and made her way to the study. She could hear Klaus and Elijah talking inside.

"Now if something out there is capable of killing us, Niklaus, we should probably find it," Elijah was saying to his brother.

"I'd love too. However, I got Camille into this mess," Klaus said.

"She left around sunrise," Rory informed them as she entered the room. Elijah turned to face her as Klaus' eyes moved to the hybrid.

His attention was quickly stolen, however, as Lilly ran in his direction. "Daddy," she said. Klaus chuckled and picked her up, which brought a small smile to Rory's face.

"Uh, my guess is she needed some air? I couldn't sleep. I saw her leave from my balcony," she said.

"Can you have a tea party?" Lilly asked her father.

Klaus chuckled again, before frowning. He hated disappointing her. "Not today, love," he said. 

She pouted. "Mommy's no fun right now," she whispered to her father.

He noticed the pained look on Rory's face as she heard that. "So, um," Rory said, quickly trying to hide it. "I was wondering if maybe it was okay if the three of us stay here for a few days?"

"Of course, you may," Elijah told her. His phone buzzed. "Excuse me," he said as he left to answer it.

Klaus looked at Rory once again, before setting Lilly on her feet. "Why don't you go play in your room and I will try to get back early enough for that tea party?" he asked her.

She smiled widely and ran off.

Once she was gone, he turned to Rory once again. "Rory, this family comes with many, many hardships but there is at least one benefit. You will always have a home here," he promised.

She gave him a small smile. "I know," she said. Klaus nodded and left.

|

Rory went back to her apartment to get a few things. She walked over to the table. "What do you wanna take?" she asked Hope.

"Your little knight?" she wondered, showing it to her daughter. She got no immediate reaction, so she dropped it back on the table. "What about horsie?"

With her supernatural hearing, she heard a sob from upstairs. "Wolf it is and we can't forget the rabbit," she said, picking both up. "Let's go."

|

Rory walked in on Klaus and Cami arguing. The blonde had gone through with her transition and had quickly fallen off the humanity-edge.

"Let go of me," Cami told the Original, who had a hold of her arm.

"You can't just force her to stay here, Klaus," Rory told him, entering the room.

"Finally, someone who's on my side," Cami said, turning to leave.

"Oh, don't get me wrong. I remember when I turned, and you for sure shouldn't have a box of witch crap right now," Rory told the new vampire. Klaus began to storm towards Cami. The female hybrid, spun around and put a hand to his chest to stop him. "But you can't hold her hostage, either. Let me talk to her."

"I hardly think this is a time for a women's empowerment meeting," he told her.

"She died, Klaus. Because she got caught up in the Mikaelson world, just like me. Just like Hayley. Just like Jackson," she said. His face softened slightly. "So yeah, she and I have a few things to talk about."