Ch. 8 Wedding

A lot happened over the next few days after the Grill fiasco. When Stefan went to kill Elena, he ended up killing Enzo instead. Bonnie had already taken the cure from Elena and ended up giving it to Stefan. Caroline spent several days helping Stefan clean up the mess that caused. The two of them broke up and got back together as well.

Along with that, Stefan and Damon managed to kill Cade. Only Bonnie soon learned that in doing so, they had just given control of hell over to Katherine Pierce.

Rory had stayed out of everything. She had been staying with Hayley, looking into a few packs. She had also been spending time with her daughters, something she had been enjoying. She came back to help kill Katherine again, however.

She sat next to her sister on the couch in the Salvatore house. Stefan was in a chair on the other side of his fiance, while Bonnie sat across from her friends. Damon was standing behind the witch, phone in his hand. Alaric was on speaker phone since he was at the Armory.

"All right, professor, how do we get rid of the queen of hell?" Damon asked him.

"Are you sure Katherine's in our world?" Alaric asked.

"When Cade crossed planes after the eleventh ring of the bell, other souls could step through, too. Same way Kai did. Katherine would have jumped at that chance," Bonnie explained.

"Then why haven't we seen her yet?" Caroline wondered. "I thought by now she would be strutting around, making demands, or trying to get us all killed."

Rory shrugged. "Maybe she's biding her times," Stefan said.

"Or putting her own plan together," Damon said, taking a drink from the glass of bourbon in his hand.

"Either way, you're gonna need a new weapon," Dorian said over the phone. He was at the Armory with Ric.

"Is that Dorian?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah, I've asked Dorian to take point on our research front," Alaric said.

"This doesn't mean you and I are cool," Dorian said. "I still have those files on you, so I'm here to hold you accountable for the rest of your God-given life."

Rory glanced at Stefan. "I hope that you do," he told Dorian.

That was another thing Rory had missed. When Stefan became human, everyone he had ever compelled remembered what he had made them forget. The list of people was very long and happened to include Dorian. Stefan had compelled him to forget that Dorian's father and sister were among the many people who had died during Klaus and Stefan's murder spree seven years ago. Dorian had kidnapped and shot Stefan after remembering. Caroline had gotten there in time to get Stefan to a hospital, but the two still weren't each other's biggest fans.

"Um, does he know that the love of my life was technically responsible for that?" Rory wondered, quietly.

"Let's not bring that up," Caroline told her.

Rory nodded. "So what have you guys come up with?" she wondered, raising her voice.

"Cade was killed with a dagger that was made from his bones. It was fused into glass by a white-hot flame. First things first, though, I don't suppose you know where Katherine's bones are?" Dorian said.

"Huh, who'd have ever thought she'd have done us a favor? We've got every last one of Katherine's bones in the cave, underneath the old church, left over from a traveler barbecue she had when she tried to possess Elena," Damon told them.

"But fusing the bones into glass- how do we make that kind of weapon?" Bonnie wondered.

"Would putting the bone in a metal dagger do the trick?" Matt asked. He was also at the Armory. "My parents are in town. I could ask my dad for help."