Ch. 11 Jackson

Once she returned to New Orleans, Rory headed out to the bayou to help Hayley and Jackson move back home.

"I still say we should take my dart board," Jackson said as they all carried boxes.

"Your calendar girls, too?" Rory teased, making them both chuckle.

"Some things are best left behind, Jack," Hayley told her husband.

"And we let you take your bow and arrow. Not exactly sure who you're gonna hunt in the French Quarter," Rory said, before a thought crossed her mind. "If you shoot Klaus in the heart with it, I will serve you free drinks at Rousseau's for a month."

All of them laughed as the hybrids put their boxes down. They heard a gunshot and turned towards Jackson. He was crouched on the ground, a dart sticking out of his neck. "Jack?" Hayley said, rushing towards her husband.

Rory heard another shot and spun. She caught it between her fingers. She looked at the dart, shaking her head as she dropped it to the ground. "You gonna hide in the woods? Or you gonna come out and fight?" she asked.

"Gladly," Aya said, as she sped behind Rory and shoved a syringe into her neck.

Rory's eyes turned gold as she spun and kicked the woman in the stomach. Jackson and Hayley ran to fight the other men running towards them. Rory fought the older vampire, which was difficult. Aya was trained and her age meant she was faster. She blocked most of the hybrids blows.

"Rory!" her sister yelled as Rory was thrown into a nearby table.

"Hayley!" Rory said, turning towards her sister and brother in-law. They were clearly losing as more men emerged from the woods.

Rory turned back towards Aya, but she had lowered her guard. The vampire grabbed her by the throat, holding her off the ground. She felt two darts hit her in the leg. That mixed with the wolfsbane Aya had already injected her with soon knocked her out.

|

Rory woke up chained to a chair. She tried to pull free, but she was weak. She could feel the wolfsbane running through her bloodstream and burning her on the inside.

"I tried that. Tried that," Jackson said, stuttering slightly. "The more you struggle, the more wolfsbane gets pumped into your veins."

Rory glanced behind her bloody family members, seeing the IV bags of wolfsbane. She then took in their injuries. Hayley was bloody, but seemed to be healed for the most part. Jackson, however, was bloody and still bleeding. A steady trickle of blood came from his leg, making Rory assume they had hit an artery.

"Jack. Your leg," she said. "Are you okay?"

Hayley had looked away and it was obvious to Rory that her sister was panicking, but trying to hide it from her husband.

"They, uh, they worked me over pretty good. With all the wolfsbane in my system, I ain't healing so well," he told her.

Rory closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Relax, she told herself. Don't let them see that your scared. You've been through worse. Hell, your baby-daddies have put you through worse. She shook her head, trying her best to believe that.

"Just breathe. When we get the chance to fight, be ready," she told them.

"Hayley, Rory. Guys, listen," Jackson said, drawing their attention. "I don't know if I'm gonna get that chance."