Ch. 22 Forgive

Rory walked down the street, arm in arm with Klaus. They were both dressed in black, following Cami's coffin. She gave Elijah a small smile and held an arm out to the lonely vampire. He linked his arm with hers and she continued to walk with a Mikaelson on each arm.

|

As soon as the three arrived at Rousseau's, Rory detached herself from both brothers to yell at the wait staff. The control-freak- Forbes in her was coming out. Everything had to be perfect and she was going to make sure it was. She walked into the kitchen, noticing that they were running low on a few things.

"Okay, we can't run out of whiskey at an Irish wake. It's, like, the one rule, okay?" she asked.

She turned around to see Klaus giving her a look. "Whiskey's important," she said, a little embarrassed.

"Whiskey is important," he said. He looked around. "I'm sure Camille would've liked all this."

"I hope so," she said, before stepping closer to him. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, my love. Don't let me slow you down," he said. He kissed her on the cheek and walked off.

She watched him go, worrying.

|

Rory spent her day trying to keep the funeral running smoothly, while the guys ran off to handle Marcel. The vampire wasn't exactly handling Davina's death well. Rory didn't blame him, he had lost one of his best friends and the people who were once his family had killed the closest thing he had to a child.

She was sitting in the compound when Elijah walked in. He had tears in his eyes. "Elijah," she said, standing.

He breathed shakily, as he fell to his knees on the floor. "Forgive me," he said.

"What happened?" Rory asked. The vampire shook his head. "Tell me, please."

"It's Marcel," he said and looked up at her. "I took his life."

Rory's heart dropped as she realized yet another one of her friends was dead. She wanted to be angry. Angry that he had taken yet another person from her. She couldn't, however. She walked over to him, wrapping her arms around her friend.

|

After making sure Elijah was as all right as he could be, she went to find Klaus. He was standing out on the balcony. "I assume Elijah told you," he said as she came to stand beside him. "So, you understand why I'd prefer to be alone."

"And you understand why that won't happen," she said. "He's hurting too, Klaus. More than you know."

"And had it been one of our daughters' hearts, would you still defend him?" he asked.

"Don't use the girls," she said.

"Marcel was a son to me," he reminded.

Rory nodded. "I know," she said. "But Freya showed me what Elijah saw. The prophecy hasn't been wrong once."

Klaus started to walk away, annoyed by her words. "Klaus, after everything you have done, all the people you have threatened, tortured, killed, all the pain you have put him through, he has always forgiven you. You have to forgive him," she said.

Klaus turned to look at her. "You sound like Camille," he said.

"Well, what a surprise that you love us both," she said. She walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm not asking you to forgive him tonight. I'm asking you to work on it and come to bed."

He nodded. "I will. But first I need to do something," he said, walking away. Rory watched him go.

|

She went to talk to Elijah while the hybrid was gone. "I'm not gonna justify what you did. I get why you did it, even if I don't agree with it in every way. I forgave you. Klaus will. But right now you have to forgive yourself," she told him.

He walked out and Rory sighed. She went to make sure that both Hope and Lilly were in bed before going to her own room. Klaus returned soon.

"Where were you?" Rory wondered.

"I thought Vincent and Joshua had the right to know their friend was dead," he said.

Rory frowned. They had spent the last few days losing almost every ally they had. She had a bad feeling that all their attempts to keep the prophecy from happening had just ensured that it would.

This chapter is really short. Sorry, Hayley really wasn't in this episode much. We only have one chapter left and I'm really not ready for the end of this season.

Please vote and comment!