Ch. 2 Choose

The next morning, both Bonnie and Rory took Stefan's spot on his bed to wait on Caroline to wake up. The vampire rolled over to face them. "Surprise!" they yelled.

"Rory! Bonnie! What the..." Caroline cried. They laughed as she sat up and looked around at her room. They had put up yellow balloons while she slept.

"You are engaged and we are celebrating!" Rory told her.

Caroline laughed. "Shouldn't you two be hung over?" she asked. "How many bottles did you go through?"

"Oh, sister, you should know that I came up with a hangover cure before Lilly was born," Rory said, making her laugh more.

"First, we're gonna drink too much champagne," Bonnie said, picking up the bottle.

"Then we are taking you wedding dress shopping," Rory said.

"I know it's a little early, but you're gonna try on thousands of dresses before you find the perfect one, so we may as well start now," Bonnie told her.

Caroline put on a sweater while she spoke. "Guys, I love you both, and this is amazing, but neither of you have to put on a happy face for me right now," she told them.

"We're not putting it on," Rory said.

Caroline gave her and Bonnie a look. "I listened to you two sob and drink wine together through the wall," she said.

"What happens at three in the morning is not discussed, Care," Rory said.

"And we're not putting on happy faces, we cried, and now we're happy for you. I promise. Care, you asked me to be your bridesmaid when we were ten years old," Bonnie told her.

"We decided to be each other's bridesmaids as soon as we figured out what bridesmaids were," Rory said.

"You've been waiting for this your whole life. We're happy for you, I swear," Bonnie told her and popped the cork on the champagne bottle. All three yelled as it hit the wall, before they all started laughing.

"Okay, but I promise we are going to find Enzo and you two are gonna be happy and you're gonna get married on the top of the Eiffel tower. And we are going to find a cure and get Klaus back and you two are going to be happy and get married in Italy and give me more nieces," Caroline told them.

"Uh, how exactly am I supposed to do that last part? I'm dead," Rory reminded.

"You are going to give me more nieces because you have already corrupted Hope and turned Lilly against me," Caroline said, making Rory smile.

"They're shy! It is not my fault you guys need to bond more," Rory said. Caroline gave her a look. "Fine. I will find another magical loophole to give you another niece."

"But first things first, planning your June wedding," Bonnie said, raising the bottle of champagne.

"Oh, my God. Yes! The June wedding!" Caroline exclaimed.

"The June wedding!" Bonnie said.

"Did I miss something here?" Rory asked.

Caroline looked at her. "Sorry, I forgot you were off hiding your pregnancy from me when me and Stefan met," she said.

"Uh, this was seven years ago and was because of our parents. Why are you still holding this against me?" Rory asked.

"Because I have yet to actually hold one of my newborn nieces in my arms," Caroline told her.

"It was not my choice. Either time," Rory said.

"Sure. Point is, it was decided the day me and Stefan met that I would marry Stefan in June," Caroline told her.