Ch. 13 Forget About It

Rory walked into the study with Elijah. "Okay, so what's the plan? Cami's out there with the white oak, and I am not going to lose one more person that I care about," she said.

"Niklaus can handle Camille. Til then, I'll keep Aya distracted," he said, heading towards the door.

"Why don't you just kill her?"

The Original turned to look at the hybrid in surprise. She just frowned back. "She and I have history," he explained.

Rory furrowed her brows before smiling in annoyance. "You two had a thing. Of course you didn't tell me," she muttered.

"Aya was a towering intellect with an insatiable curiosity. Passionate, fearless and something of an outcast. Long ago, I invited her to join a rather elite company. I determined she was perfectly tailored to bear the responsibility of an immortal life. I made her like me," he explained, walking back towards the desk.

"She was one of the first Strix," Rory realized.

"We cared for one another deeply. Together we created a fellowship unburdened by the limitations of man. It was the pursuit of a glorious new world. And then Father, led by an unquenchable desire to slay his children, Mikael descended. Accompanied by a small army, he laid to waste everything that I had built. So, we had no choice but to run. Aya did not. So when Tristan found her, he rescued her. She, of course came to see him as something of a savior. And in time, beneath his corrupt guidance, they made the Strix what they are today. A hive of depraved and ignorant savages. And she's never forgiven me. Not entirely certain I have ever forgiven myself," he explained.

Rory nodded. "Wow. Well, given all that, exactly how do you plan on keeping her distracted?" she asked.

Elijah raised an eyebrow at her question, knowing Rory too well. "Just with a little salt and an old wound," he said, holding up what Rory guessed was some kind of cursed object. He moved towards the door and she took a step forward.

"Elijah," she said. He turned back to her. "Uh, Christmas night still happened. And I didn't exactly handle it well with running off to Mystic Falls."

"Rory," he began. He knew the last few weeks had been hard for her.

"No, I know. Things have been crazy," she said. "So, let's just forget the whole thing happened. That okay?"

He looked at her for a moment, before nodding. "Alright," he said, leaving.

Rory sighed once he was gone.

|

Rory stormed into a room that Klaus was tearing a part. "Hey," she said, quietly, but was ignored. "Hey!" He looked up at her. "Are you serious with all this noise?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Has my therapist's betrayal inconvenienced your otherwise tranquil day?" he asked.

"Do not snap at me! Our daughters have been upset. Hope doesn't understand that Jackson is gone and Lilly is dealing with it. And to make things better, the only thing that calms Hope is her favorite toy that Daddy gave her, which, in case you forgot, Cami stole to get back at you," she snapped. "So, if you wake her up with all this slamming around, so help me, Cami will be the least of your problems."

"It pains me that Hope and Lilly are upset. So I will add it to the long list of grievances I'm already tallying, hmm?" he asked and went back to searching.

Rory took a deep breath. "I know your angry at Cami, Klaus. But you know as well as I do that she's not in her right mind," she told him.

"I beg to differ, Camille seems quite lucid tucked away behind the barrier spell in the City of the Dead, as she taunts me with the very means of my demise," Klaus snapped.

She opened her mouth to yell at him, but shut it when she heard crying from the other room. "Great. Now Hope is awake and crying again. Good job," Rory said, storming out of the room.

She went to Hope's room to try to soothe the now very upset toddler. "Hey, hey, it's okay," she said, picking her up. Hope continued to cry as Rory began to rock her. "I know. I know, Daddy's an asshole."

"What's an asshole?" Rory sighed as she turned to find her four year old in the doorway.

|

After talking to Klaus, Elijah went to see how the other hybrid in the house was doing. "Hey," Rory said when she saw him standing in the doorway.

"I thought I would see if your day was any more successful than ours," he told her.

"Well, you did get Marcel in charge of the Strix, which to me is a win. And Aurora may have the white oak, but at least I'm finally allowed to rip her head off," Rory said, making him chuckle. She looked down at her bed, cringing slightly. "But trying to explain to my four year old that she cannot repeat things Mommy says about Daddy was not my best Mom moment."

Elijah gave her a questioning look. "Don't ask," she said.

"So about our earlier conversation," Elijah said.

"The one we agreed to forget?" she asked.

"I never agreed," he reminded.

Rory looked at him. "Elijah, I've known that you have feelings for me for eight months now. And I will always care about you, but the only reason I kissed you was because I was drunk," she said.

She could tell how hard those words hit the Original. She sighed, looking away from him. "That came out wrong," she said. "My point was that while maybe we could be something, it's not worth it. You're Klaus' brother. The person he trusts most. And he's the father of my kids no matter what we are to each other. Are you willing to do that to him? Because I'm not sure I am. I- I can't be the thing that makes you two turn on each other and fulfill the prophecy."

Elijah stood there for a moment, trying to decide how to respond. "You won't be what causes the prophecy," he said.

"I can't risk it though," she said.

"No, Rory, you can't be what causes it," he said.

She looked at him, seeing the regret on his face. "Elijah, what did you do?" she asked.

Okay, just to see, how many of you actually want Rory and Elijah as a couple and how many of you think that her and Klaus should just make up? 

Please vote and comment!