Ch. 19 Rescue

Rory ran downstairs when she heard banging on the front door. They had put the compound under Freya's name to lock vampires out. That included Cami. "What's wrong?" the hybrid asked when she saw the blonde.

"It's Klaus. Lucien has him," Cami said.

"Freya! Invite her in!" Rory yelled to the witch.

"Yeah, come in. You're invited," Freya said, both her and Elijah running into the courtyard.

|

"Tell us what happened," Elijah said, now that all of them were in the courtyard.

"Lucien ambushed him. He knocked him around like it was nothing," Cami told them.

"Did he bite him?" Rory wondered.

"No, I think he wanted him alive. Lucien took Klaus back to the penthouse," Cami said.

Elijah's phone buzzed and he pulled it from his pocket. "Lucien is demanding my presence. The Whiskey Cask. Alone and immediately. He says if I delay, Niklaus will die," Elijah told them and turned to leave.

|

Rory saw Elijah walking through the courtyard with his coat on and ran towards him. "Are you seriously going out there?" she asked.

"I'm seriously going out there," he said.

"Elijah, the whole point of putting the deed to the compound in Freya's name was to make this place impenetrable. Now you're gonna pick a fight with a guy who can kill you," she said.

"Guess when you put it that way, it does sound a little reckless," he said, but still moved towards the doorway.

"Elijah," Rory said, before sighing. "Go get him, but be careful."

He nodded and left.

|

Rory knew that if she left the compound Elijah and Klaus would have an absolute fit. But at least she could remind them how hypocritical they were when they did. She walked down the street with Cami, the two of them heading to get Klaus from Aurora.

"Here's the problem. I haven't been invited into Lucien's penthouse," Cami told her.

"So, you can wave your dark objects in the foyer and I'll do all the dirty work," Rory told her. The hybrid continued down the street, but Cami stopped. Rory turned and saw the terrified look on her friend's face. "Hey, are you up for this?"

"What if I'm a liability?" Cami asked. "I've been training so I can punch a bag, but in a real fight?"

"Cami, here's a thing about being afraid. If you have to do the thing you're afraid of, then all this fear is for nothing. Either turn it into anger or leave it at the door, but either way, you control your emotions. Which means you're already one step ahead of Aurora," Rory told her.

Cami nodded, before looking above the hybrid at a sign for Brennan's Pharmacy Prescriptions. "Hey. I have an idea," Cami said.

|

The elevator doors opened and Rory ran out and at Aurora. She had sent Cami up to lure Aurora out of the penthouse, before going up to kill the red head. Both of them went tumbling to the floor, Aurora gasping in surprise. Rory plunged her hand into Aurora's chest, ready to rip her heart out.

"Stop!" Klaus yelled. Rory looked up, seeing him chained up a few feet away. "She drank the serum."

Rory pulled her hand out of Aurora's chest as the red head began to laugh. Aurora reached up with vampire speed and snapped the hybrid's neck, before throwing Rory into the wall.

|

When Rory woke up, Cami was screaming. Aurora was holding the younger vampire in the room and Cami still wasn't invited in. Blood was running from her eyes like tears.

"Darling, I almost feel bad for you. Blinded by love as I once was, ready to give everything, even your life, for one who is, and always will be, unworthy," Aurora was saying.

Cami managed to punch the vampire, causing them both to move out of the room. Aurora grabbed her by the throat, and Rory jumped to her feet. She used supernatural speed to pull the red head off Cami and punch her in the face. "Cami, now!" Rory yelled.

Cami grabbed Aurora from behind and stuck the needle in her neck. They had picked up a sedative at the pharmacy. Aurora passed out and everyone else sighed in relief.

|

Rory walked into the dining room, where the three Mikaelsons were waiting. "Aurora's still out cold. What are the chances of keeping her like that?" Rory asked.

"My spell will keep her down long enough to use the serum in her blood to figure out how to kill both her and Lucien," Freya told them.

"I must say, I'm rather looking forward to it," Klaus said.

Rory smiled as she walked around the table to stand next to him. "I call ripping Aurora's heart out," she said.

Freya chuckled at them. "You're welcome," she said, before leaving the room.

Klaus looked at Rory. "I suppose I should be thanking you as well," he said.

She smiled. "You can thank me with a tea party and diaper duty," she said. "Although, while you're on the grateful train, you should probably hit up Cami."

"I believe Camille prefers I leave her alone," he said.

"Oh, please, Klaus. Did you not just see what the two of us went through to save your ass? Cami may tell you that staying away is best and maybe it is. But she still cares about you," Rory told him. She looked at the ground. "I should know." Then she moved to leave the room.

"Little wolf," Klaus called. She stopped. "About our trip," he said.

Rory stood there, silently for a moment. She still had her back to the hybrid. Despite her own better judgment, she had loved him since Mystic Falls and that hadn't changed. She could never change that, no matter how much she fought it.

Rory took a deep breath, turning back around. She walked over to Klaus, pulling him down to kiss her. It was clear she had surprised the Original. But he didn't hesitate to kiss her back. His hands moved to her sides.

As much as Rory didn't want to, she pulled away. "Klaus," she said.

"Hmm?" he asked.

"Cami," she reminded. He sighed, and removed his lips from her neck. "Do- do you have feelings for her?" Rory asked.

Klaus looked at her, surprised. "Even if I did, you're already the queen of my heart," he reminded.

She smiled, pecking him on the lips one more time. "Go tell her thank you and don't make me have to save your ass again," she said, walking away.

So they're back together.

Please vote and comment!