Ch. 5 Aurora

"Lilly, you cannot play with your daddy's art supplies," Rory informed the four year old. She was trying to bartend at Rousseau's, but Freya had called in need of backup.

"Why not? He has so many," Lilly told her.

"Because Daddy won't like it and you have your own. Besides, his paint isn't washable and aren't you wearing the outfit Auntie Bex bought you in Paris?" Rory asked.

She could tell by the moment of silence that Lilly was pouting. "That's not fair," Lilly told her.

"You'll get used to it. Now, will you please listen to Aunt Freya?" Rory asked.

"She's not as fun as Auntie Bex or Grandma Mary. At least Grandma makes cookies or brownies," Lilly whined.

"Lilly, I have to work. Let's make a deal. You behave for Freya and I'll take you to get something that has too much sugar in it, okay?" she asked.

"Okay," Lilly muttered.

"Good, I love you," Rory told her.

"Love you too, Mommy," she mumbled.

"Okay, let me talk to Aunt Freya," Rory said.

She heard the phone being passed to someone else. "You should be good now," Rory told her friend.

"She is going to be a very fun child, isn't she?" Freya asked.

"Oh, yes. She is way too much like her parents, which will forever worry me," Rory said.

"She'll be fine," Freya told her.

"I know. At least Hope is still easy," she said.

"You want me to let you get back to work?" Freya asked.

"Yeah, thanks for watching them," Rory told her.

"My pleasure," Freya said.

Rory hung up and went back to work. A red headed girl was sitting at the bar. "You're new," Rory noticed. "Just get to town?"

"A few days ago. But I might be staying a while," the girl said in an accent.

"For what?" Rory asked.

"Well, I have family here and I've been thinking I would visit an ex I never really got over," she said.

"Those are the worst, aren't they?" Rory asked.

Her phone rang in her pocket and she sighed. "Sorry, the fun of having a four year old and toddler," she told the red head.

Then she saw who it was. "Crap," she muttered.

|

"I have to pick one. Orange or purple?" Davina asked, holding up two scarves.

"Did you seriously call us to play fashion police?" Rory asked. She was standing in a tomb talking to the witch. Davina had called her, Hayley and Jackson to help with something.

"Okay, I know that's sacred oil, but can we please not do that right now?" Davina snapped at the person waving it in her face. The women walked off.

Davina looked at them, wrapping the orange scarf around her neck. "Sorry. Thanks for coming," she said.

"Like we had a choice, Davina. Either we do your bidding or you blow out that candle of yours and you turn us back into wolves. So we're pretty much your slaves," Rory reminded.