Ch. 10 Caroline

Rory was beyond embarrassed when she woke up in Elijah's room the next morning. Thankfully, the Original wasn't there. She groaned as she got out of bed.

Elijah walked back into the room, wearing a new suit and his Christmas gift. "You're awake," he said.

"Yeah, do you mind if I use your shower? I really would just like to avoid the possibility of anyone seeing that I'm still here. And Cami is in my old room and if I go in there it's going to be awkward. She's gonna ask-"

"Rory," Elijah said, interrupting her.

"Elijah, please don't say anything. I haven't been this embarrassed since the time I made out with Matt freshman year," she said.

"You don't have to be embarrassed," he said.

"Oh, no, I do. I came in here while drunk and kissed you," Rory said, shaking her head at herself. "I'm sorry. I guess even drunk me should've been smart enough to know you were to noble to kiss me back."

"It's okay," he told her.

"It's really not. So, I'm just going to take a shower and go home to my daughters, where I should've gone last night," she said, disappearing into the bathroom. She leaned back against the closed door, sighing. 

|

Somehow, the fact that she actually needed clothes had slipped the hybrid's mind. She peeked out into the room to see if Elijah was still there. Fortunately, he wasn't. She figured it was safe to sneak into her old room and borrow something from Cami. She walked into the hall with a towel wrapped around her, only to almost run straight into Klaus.

He looked at her in surprise, then at the room she had just came from. "This isn't what it looks like and I really don't feel like talking about it," she said, moving past him into Cami's room.

|

Rory walked into her apartment, quietly closing the door. Unfortunately, the two people she was trying to avoid had super hearing.

"Where have you been?" Jackson asked from the kitchen.

Rory let out a sigh. Why was she having so many flash backs to her teenage years today? She turned to face the werewolf. "Look, I messed up last night. Thank you for watching the girls. It won't happen again," she said, moving towards the living room.

"Really? No explanation whatsoever on why I watched your kids last night?" he asked.

"You volunteered. I messed up. My morning sucks. Let it go," Rory told him.

He opened his mouth to say something. "Jack, let it go," Hayley said, coming to stand by her sister. The werewolf looked at his wife for a moment, before sighing. He walked out of the apartment, the door slamming shut behind him.

"Thank you," Rory said.

"Oh, don't thank me yet. I just made him leave because I doubted you wanted to talk about this in front of him," Hayley said. Rory groaned and moved to the cabinet to get coffee. "Did you get back together with Klaus last night?" Hayley wondered.

Rory almost dropped the mug in her hands. "What? No!" she said. She shook her head. "How can you even ask me that?"

"Ok, did you sleep with him?" Hayley wondered.