Ch. 2 Something Better

Rory yelled in frustration as she hit the magical barrier holding her prisoner.

Davina walked into the room and the hybrid turned to glare at the witch. "Davina, I liked you, but if you don't let me out of here right now, I swear I will kill you," Rory warned.

"You could try. Or we could have a polite conversation," Davina said. She tossed some clothes into the circle, before holding up a blood bag.

That only added to Rory's anger. Bad enough she was trapped, did the witch have to wave blood in her face right now? It wasn't like she had much to eat in the bayou. "You magically kidnapped me on the one night that I can see my daughters. Do not talk to me about polite," Rory snapped.

"I drew you here to help you," Davina said.

"Elijah asked you months ago to break the curse and you said no," she reminded.

"The Regent of witches can't be seen doing favors for the Mikaelsons. But maybe we can help each other," the witch said and tossed the blood bag into the circle.

Rory quickly picked it up and started downing it. Elijah had told her about this. After Josephine's death, the witches had needed a new regent. Rory didn't know who had been stupid enough to think Davina could handle that responsibility without getting herself killed, but someone had.

"Look, I have access to the witch ancestors. I can channel the power of the one who created the spell used to curse you. You can be free, Rory," Davina explained.

"Under your terms, I'm guessing," Rory said, her mouth ringed in blood. Davina nodded. The hybrid rolled her eyes as she licked some of the blood off her fingers. "Spill."

"There's a witch in the Ninth Ward who hates that I'm Regent. She tried to kill me. If I retaliate, I'm starting a civil war, and I don't want to do that," Davina said.

Rory smirked, rolling her eyes. She may not know a lot about witch politics, but she knew how vampires and werewolves worked. It wasn't hard to figure out what Davina needed her for. While Rory didn't exactly like the idea, she was willing to do whatever it took to see her daughters. "Of course. Fine, just tell me who you want dead," she said.

|

Klaus was standing out on his balcony, a drink in his hands when he heard people coming towards him.

"I thought I smelt swamp," he said and turned to face Jackson and Hayley.

"What'd you do with my sister?" Hayley asked. As angry as she was with Rory, she was still family.

"Tell me what you know," Elijah said, appearing behind the two wolves.

"Has Hayley and Jackson misplaced the little wolf? Come to think about it, I did read that global warming has disrupted migration patterns. Try Georgia," Klaus joked.

"I just left the bodies of people I care about to rot in the woods, because you left them defenseless against poachers, sent by Kingmaker Land Development. That ring a bell?" Jackson told him. Klaus glanced up at him, but tried to keep his face placid. Even if he was worried about Rory, he wasn't going to admit it to these three.

"Yeah, the CEO is Lucien Castle. Elijah tells me that you two go way back," Hayley said.

"So I will ask you once again. What do you know?" Elijah wondered.

"As it happens, I just came back from a romp with our good friend Lucien. You can find him in the penthouse of the gaudy new construction on Canal. And while you two are catching up, be sure to ask him about the prophetic vision he showed me of our family's spectacular downfall. You could use a good laugh," Klaus said.