3. I'll miss you

December 8 , 2015

December 8 , 2015.
2:39am.

• • •

Hearing the shower door open Cedrick turned to face his beautiful wife. "You've been in here for a while." She smiled and stepped in wrapping her arms around him and rested her head on his back while she squeezed him tight.

"Just thinking." He responded placing his hands over hers as they rested on his lower stomach. "Did you get her to sleep?" He asked referring to Alondra who had had a complete break down around one this morning.

Alani sighed. "She's fine now, it's hard because I'm the only one she has and you know we haven't been as close lately. But like I told her, we have different lives and the love will always be there, she just have to be fine until I come back." She let out a yawn, letting the hot water fall down their bodies.

"I know how she feels." Cedrick sniffled and cleared his throat. "You should get some sleep." He removed her arms and rinsed all the soap off of him before stepping out letting her shower.

He wasn't trying to be cold towards her but he didn't know how to express himself when he felt sad. He was a man that was taught that real men don't cry, nor show emotions. So when it came to things like this he pushed her away afraid he'd be viewed less of a man if he were to cry in her presence, to him that'd make him weak. But, as the hours wined down his heart was getting heavier, and his want to just cry was held back because he was a man.

Cedrick wasn't necessarily thinking negative, but he wasn't oblivious to the reality of being at war. He knew his wife had never fought in something an big and dangerous before and even with her training he was scared she wouldn't watch her surroundings closely for signs of bombs, land mines, other people, or even snipers. He hated to think of anything happening to his woman and that alone made him want to just hold her a little tighter, tell her he loved her a little more, and kiss her a little longer because it could be his last time.