20. Best day of my life (Pt.1)

March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016.
1:00pm.

• • •

"You ready beautiful?" Alex asked Alondra-- today was her big day

"You ready beautiful?" Alex asked Alondra-- today was her big day. The day she'd been waiting for- what's supposed to been the best day of her life.

"Give me a sec babe." Alondra kissed his lips and walked into the bathroom.

After Alex had popped up in Louisiana that day two weeks ago he had apologized to her and explained how he'd got scared because he would be leaving soon. He explained how his ex did him wrong after he had to leave for six months, so he was scared of what she'd do if he left for an entire year. Of course Alondra feelings were invested in him as well, and this time they both agreed to still talk and when he came back if those feelings had developed then they would make it work.

Alondra looked in the mirror and let a tear fall thinking of her sister, wanting her there more than anything in the world. "I know you hate me, but I really need you Lani. I know I'm in no position to call on you but you have to know that I'm sorry." She choked up and zoned out.

"Today is the best day of my lifeeeee" Alani sang in the phone to her little sister. "Guess what?" She fell onto her bed holding her heart.

Alondra counted through her money she had earned for tonight and smiled to herself. "I'm sending you that money for your glasses--- you don't have to wait until the fifteenth." Alondra told her. "And what happened? Did you get some dick?" She asked with a small chuckle.

"I'll pay you back sissy." Alani sighed. "And no buuuuuuuut I did have a orgasm, not from a toy either." Alani giggled like a schoolgirl.

Alondra held her chest. "Bitchhhhhh, excuse me? Is there a ring on your finger? Where Cedrick imma beat his ass." She joked. "How was it for you?"

"It was soooooo good." Alani said. "I think he's the one for me, like it feels much more pure and less forced with him rather than Josh bitch ass." She scoffed.

"Chill on my brother, and girl you know Meika lost her baby? Josh sick behind it too. It's sad." Alondra grabbed her bags and smiled at Rio who walked her out every night.

"Aww that's sad. I would have never wanted that to happen, send him my condolences." Alani sighed. "How is he?"

"He's--"

"She don't give a damn how he is, thank you." Cedrick took the phone. "This little miss bodyguard?"

"Oh god you're annoying bye bitch." She rolled her eyes and hung up the phone.

Opening her eyes she wished she could go back to the days where her and Cedrick practically hated each other. Feeling a little light headed she took a deep breath and got herself together, she'd completely cut Cedrick off if it wsnt about Lani. She hadn't talked to him in two weeks, and that was fine with her. They'd crossed a major line and she hated the fact she'd also caught feelings for him.

"Open this door." Alondra's heartbeat sped up hearing Josh on the other side.

She opened the door and he slipped in the bathroom just giving her a look. "Didn't think you'd show up." She folded her arms and looked at the flowers and gifts that he'd placed on the counter.

"I wasn't gonna miss today, miss me with that. Fuck you in here on yo big day crying and shit for?" He hugged her tightly. "I hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry. I only want what's best for you-- and you know this has only ruined your relationship with your sister right?" He wiped her tears. "Explain to me how it happened? I just can't see you laying down with him without it being something deeper because that ain't you, and that ain't even him. I envied the man he was, and that's a good man so I'm ready to listen." He looked at his watch. "We got about an hour, im ya brother. Talk to me."

Alondra took a seat on the counter. "You remember telling me that you and Meika weren't planned and it just happened? Something just pulled you two together that night and you ran away from it because you had the good woman at home? The too perfect woman?" She played with her fingers. "I remember telling you it was all bullshit before I stabbed you?"

"I still owe you a ass whooping for stabbing me like that, but continue." He chuckled.

"I never understood what you meant when you tried to tell me, and now I do. Josh I know it's so wrong but it's like when we're in the same room it's just us, when he kisses me it's just like fireworks go off and when we did what we did it felt like it belonged, it felt as if we were one. He makes me so mad but in the same breath made me so happy, I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do and it's making me sick, because not only do I feel this way about him... I feel this way about Alex too. But the connection is deeper witch Cedrick." She finally opened up and Josh sat there in deep thought.

"As your brother, I'm going to say one thing and take it and apply it how you see fit." He sighed. "You know I loved Lani, hell still do but I live with regret everyday-- not because of how I did her. But, because I ignored my feelings for Meika, feelings that we didn't know existed, feelings that were there before a physical connection. I had the good girl at home, but I missed out on the perfect woman for me." He stood. "I love you and wipe your face, today is about you."

"Are you saying I have a good man-- Alex, but I'm running away from the perfect man for me- Cedrick?" She asked trying to grasp what he'd said.

"That's for you to know, nobody else."

"But Alani..." She played with her fingers. "I can't do that to her." She wiped her face and fixed her makeup. "I won't do that to her."