45. Do what makes you happy

August 10, 2017

August 10, 2017.
5:55pm.

Continuing.

• • •

"Well noticed anything?" Alani smiled and stood off the wall doing a full spin

"Well noticed anything?" Alani smiled and stood off the wall doing a full spin. Referring to her walking without any help now.

 Referring to her walking without any help now

Alondra smirked. "I'm proud of you, it that doesn't let me know why you're here Alani. I told you I'd talk when I'm ready." She sighed. "I'm just not ready right now."

Alani walked to her and hugged her she didn't care about nothing Alondra had said, it had been four months and she'd done a lot of reflecting. She regretted that night she'd chose a man over the only blood she had, the only person that ever loved and protected her with her whole heart. Feeling tears on her shoulder she let some of her own fall, that person in front of her was her baby sister. The baby sister that would take a bullet for her, the same one that had went through painful things for her. She appreciated her and this pop up was just to give her a simple hug, a much needed hug for them both. Alani didn't care if Alondra put her out after this moment she just wanted to let her baby sister know she missed her and she'd wait as long as she needed to talk. "I love you, and I just came to hug you and let you know that." She rocked her side to side. "I love you and I thank you for everything. I appreciate it all." She kissed her forehead.

"I love you too." Alondra sobbed and felt the door open behind her. Alani eyes widened at the sight of Alex with Aniyla in his hands.

"I'll see you later, and she made a mess. Got me all dirty." He mugged Aniyla who just giggled. "I'll holla you you later," he handed her to Alondra and kissed her forehead before walking by Alani and leaving.

"What?" Alondra looked at Alani.

"I just thought that-- Well Cedrick said that-- never mind," She cleared her throat. "Can I come in and see her?" She asked and reached for Aniyla.

Alondra cocked her head to the side. "Alex is my friend that's all, and Cedrick told you what?" She felt her blood pressure rise.

"Sis calm down, its just when the divorce was finalized and we had our talk with my therapist he'd said he was working on getting his family and I just thought he meant you." She sighed. "I didn't come here to upset you, It was nothing bad and sorry I jumped to conclusions about your friend." She smiled a little. "I wish our due dates were closer, you're already big." She said and Alondra choked on her spit.

"Apologizing? Whew." Alondra faked shocked. "Come in, how long are you here?" She asked. "And you're with child or??"

Alani smiled to herself. "Only four weeks, but I'm happy, hopefully I carry full term." She said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Alondra smiled happily. "I'm so happy for you, you look much happier." She took a seat and smiled at the message Cedrick had sent her, letting her know he'd won and would be on the first flight to come get Aniyla tomorrow. "That program working for you I guess?" She locked her phone and watched her play with Aniyla.

Alani began to tell her how over the last four months when she went away to the program her nurse suggested it was hard but she pushed herself and she'd been walking for a little over a month now. She'd explain how she too was in therapy, and doing self love as well. She had a man that adored her, and that she was honest with upfront about everything from how their relationship ended, and how she'd slept with her sisters man to even having a husband and cheating on him twice as well and one of those times getting pregnant and aborting a baby. Alani had changed and was honest with her life, not living as the perfect woman anymore. Learning to accept her flaws and know that her past defined her.

"And I know you're not ready to talk about Cedrick, and all of this. However, I want to say that day four months ago I did use you loving me to make you choose me in hopes I'd win him back. I admit to thinking you never loved me and to me the only love that was showed to me was from Cedrick, and I didn't want to lose that. I was wrong to ever make you choose when you deserved happiness too." She sighed. "Cedricks and I's marriage wasn't all that great but I knew he was a good man-- a great man actually and I knew he loved me so I used that as well. I did him wrong way before you two even got together, and I found out I was just Inlove with the type of man he was-- I loved him but not for the right reasons." She teared up. "I was jealous to see you love him how I should have, and how much he adored you.. I was always jealous and now I see that it should have always been you two." She smiled a little.

"Alani--"

"No let me finish, the day we both saw him you told me you was scared to approach him and I was supposed to do it for you but you seen how nasty his attitude was and told me never mind." She shook her head. "I approached him anyway, not for you but for myself because in my mind you always had the men, you always had the love, and I wanted to see if me and you were in the presence of a man if I could be the one to get him. You didn't say anything, and you let it happen because you seen the smile he put on my face." She looked up to her and wiped her tears. "Do what makes you happy Lonnie. Please. If it's with him then you get him back, and if it's alone just promise me you're happy?" She choked out.

Alondra broke down and cried into her hands, feeling like a million weights had been lifted off her shoulders. To hear he sister genuinely apologize to her? That was something she thought she'd had to wait forever for. Something she never expected Alani to do on her own, and just like that she forgave her.

"Stop crying. I'm so sorry." Alani sat Aniyla down and hugged her. "Your kids deserve a family, you deserve the man that man that was destined for you. You deserve to finally be happy." She hugged her tight. "It's time I protect you, and be the big sister." She kissed her cheek. "I'm here to stay."

Alondra nodded unable to say much. "I- I love you too. Thank you." She sobbed.

"I also came to tell you one more thing." Alani took her hands. "Mom and dad reached out to me and wants to meet with us, and let our little brothers and sister meet us. If you don't want to go that's fine, but I don't want to do this behind your back, I'm being honest and I'm going to go okay?" She searched her eyes unsure of what they read.