7. Heavyweight Champ (filler)

"Man G-get the fuck away from my door, if Alani ain't behind y'all then get the fuck away." Cedrick sat on the ground with his knees in his chest.

He knew it was never good when the force showed up on your doorstep, and he knew the only reason why would be because his wife had died. Cedrick also knew if he heard those words he'd be locked up for using his hands as a deadly weapon because these two at his door was bound to get punched if something he didn't like and rolled off their tongues.

Alani was the last person he had. After gettin his sister killed when he was eighteen he'd lost his family. They'd blamed him because he was on the streets since a young boy to provide for the entire family when slanging was something he never wanted to do, something his father forced him into at the tender age of twelve. It wasn't until he'd seen his own father kill his ten year old sister in front of him he'd took the game serious and fought his way out. Getting his father locked up for touching on his little sister and then killing her after she'd told Cedrick the family labeled him as a "snitch" and it was like they never knew him. It was as if he never provided for them, more than his own father and it hurt him more when his own mother wouldn't believe her ten year old daughter or her son for a man who could careless about her.

Cedrick felt that if he hadn't forced Ceriyah to tell him what their dad had been doing to her that night she wouldn't of took her last breath in his arms. He felt if he hadn't confronted his dad and fought him he wouldn't of killed her for "lying" on his name. But truth was, Cedrick knew his baby sister wasn't lying and that's what angered their dad and he'd shot her thinking it'd shake Cedrick up from saying anything but it didn't happen that way, and after his mom acted as if she didn't see her daughter dead or the fact that her husband molested her only made Cedrick go to the police.

That was the first person too hold his heart, and then Alani cane along to pick up the pieces. The second person to hold his heart- his one. Then came their first child that miscarried, and then Alexis who he'd bonded with and loved with every bone in his body. He'd already lost three of the four, so he couldn't take hearing losing his fourth charm-- Alani.

"Sir, she's not dead." The woman choked out seeing him completely break.

"You're lying, why are you here?" He looked up, his eyes held so much sadness the woman had to walk away. "Where is my wife? Please tell me she didn't suffer, please." He held his necklace that held their wedding picture inside and kissed it crying harder than before.

The man cleared his throat becoming emotional. "We've tried calling you as soon as we got her body here, she's fine but she did suffer her ankle being broke as well as being knocked into a coma." He swallowed hard.

"A what?" Cedrick stood and stumbled grabbing his keys. "She's here, you flew her to the hospital here?" He wiped his face.

"Yes sir, right before she went out she requested to be home." He nodded and saw the state Cedrick was in so he offered to drive him to her.

Although her being in a coma wasn't something he wanted to hear, it was better off than her being dead how he thought when he'd first opened that door. His heart was aching, and he shook the whole ride, he couldn't stomach anything being wrong with his wife because she was his strength, and she was the reason he'd never gave up on anything.

If he didn't have Alani, he'd have no one. He wouldn't even have himself.