38. Family day

March 23, 2017

March 23, 2017.
11:19am.

• • •

"Can't believe she's four months now

"Can't believe she's four months now." Alondra pouted and Aniyla pulled at Cedricks chain as they walked through the park. "I can't believe I'm a mom."

Cedrick smiled down at her and kissed her forehead while holding her hand and making sure to keep Aniyla steady on his chest with the other. "I can't believe I got the chance to be a father again." He looked at the kids running around with their parents. "I used to come here and only imagine me and Alexis running around like all these other folks.... now I get to do that. Shit feels good," he sighed. "I still wish it could have been Alexis too- me, her and Aniyla." He smiled and Alondra gave his hand a small squeeze.

"Just forget about me?" Alondra fake pouted.

He smacked his lips. "Never that, can never forget about my baby." He took a seat at the bench and handed her some money. "You feel like going to grab me two tacos, and a sprite." He nodded towards the taco truck. "Get you something too." She nodded and kissed her daughter cheek, and his lips before walking away.

Looking down at his daughter who was about to cry seeing her mother walk away he lifted her up. "I'm here, we ain't leaving you princess." He watched her eyes light up and she drooled on him. "You know I love you right? Imma be the best father you can ever need!" He smiled at her wide smile as if she knew what he was saying. "When you get older, I wonder if you'd still sleep with me and mommy huh? Or you gone get about five and figure you had enough of us?" He laughed to himself and kissed her forehead.

"Baby! You want shredded- never mind I know you want shredded chicken," Alondra yelled out. "They out of sprite." She looked back at him.

"Get me a peach faygo then- stop yelling," He yelled.

Alondra laughed. "But you're yelling too!"

"Girl just get ya fine ass over here with my food woman," He waved her off and sighed seeing Aniyla fall to sleep on his chest.

It had been two months since Alondra's birthday and he'd bring up telling Alani that week but she'd been so focused on therapy they didn't want to ruin that for her. She'd been able to move her upper body now-- which was good and a big progress being she'd pushed herself so hard. The smile on her face to be able to feed herself, and roll herself around was priceless and telling her that week turned into Alondra pushing it back weeks and weeks. So today Cedrick wanted to sit Alondra down and talk to her about why she was holding on out telling Alani because he knew his heart was with Alondra and he wanted to be with his family. Being around Alani these last few months felt like the two were best-friends-- before it all started. Of course he still loved her with every breath in him, that would never change; she'd always be his one.

"What you over here thinking about?" Alondra said handing him his food and took Aniyla strapping her into her stroller. "She's so beautiful." She cooed and watched her move around until she was comfortable enough to close her eyes back.

Cedrick looked with a small smirk on his face. "You're beautiful." He told her, making her blush.

"Thank you handsome, what'd you wanna talk about?" She asked knowing how his eyebrows furrowed, and he tapped his fingers against his leg when he'd wanted to say something but never knew how too. "I can sense it's something that's probably deep, I took my medicine. I'm good to go, what is it?" She sighed becoming nervous.

Cedrick took a deep breath. "Are you ever going to tell Alani about your childhood?" He asked and seen her tense up. "I know it's hard for you- but I mean there's something deeper on her end and maybe if she knew you she'd remember." He looked at her.

A bitter chuckled escaped her lips. "You really think she don't remember? She doesn't want to remember me Cedrick- she calls me all my nick names, blurt out our good times we had and then she says she doesn't remember? She does and it's fine if she doesn't want too." She shrugged. "I don't know what I did, when I didn't do anything but love her." She teared up.

"Look, I'm not saying this to be messy or nothing but she' always been jealous of you and the male attention--"

Alondra held her hand up. "Jealous of male attention? Are you serious?" She looked at him. "How long have you known this? If anyone should be joulous it's me but I'm not because I love her, and that's my sister! She never asked me to do the shit I did but I did because I've always been fucked up-- she had the perfect life. I didn't hate her when she got the perfect men, more attention, worked an honest job or nothing! Don't feed me that bullshit!" She whisper yelled.

"Listen baby." He grabbed her hands afraid she'd lash out. "Just hear me out-- before I knew what you'd been through she'd just always tell me how growing up you had the finer things, clothes, money, toys, and the love from your foster parents. She envied you and she wanted to love you how you loved her but she held that hatred for you because you had the most 'attention' and it hurt her. I mean she loves you, but now? She's probably just remembering how you were favored." He wiped her tears.

Alondra shook her head. "I gave all that shit to her, I didn't want it. I only got the shit to keep me quiet and protect her! They've always wanted her! Never me but I made the decision in order for her to stay pure-- she hates me for some weak ass toys, money and clothes? That I made sure she got! I'm the little sister and I've always took care of her! I went through too much for her to hate me!" She cried. "Know what, it's fuck her! I don't even care no more-- I had more reasons to hate her then she has to hate me but I never did because why? That's my sister and I always rooted for her!" She stood. "I need a mothafucking minute before I pull up on that bitch!" She snatched her food and walked out of the park.

"So much for that." Cedrick sighed. "Fun family day huh?" He looked at Aniyla who eyes were huge and she looked confused.

"You'll get used to it one day, she's not wrapped too tight." He joked. "How would I ever marry her if she may punch me and throw the ring away?" He frowned and then laughed when Aniyla giggled.

_____