40. Tell me the truth

April 1, 2017

April 1, 2017.
11:45pm.

• • •

Alani sat at her bar and replayed the conversation her and Ivory had after she'd returned from the hospital and came to get her things to leave- her mind was everywhere and she didn't know what to think anymore

Alani sat at her bar and replayed the conversation her and Ivory had after she'd returned from the hospital and came to get her things to leave- her mind was everywhere and she didn't know what to think anymore. Taking a sip of her drink she sighed and tried to wrap her mind around the new information she had received.

"I think you should leave- because I'm just confused and I don't feel comfortable with you here now." Alani told Ivory who had limped in from being in the hospital for two days.

Ivory frowned. "Oh you're taking up for her now? Why? She's with your husband." Ivory whispered low enough so Josh wouldn't hear while he packed her things for her, he was done and if he wanted to be done then Ivory would be sure to stir up as much mess as she could. Feeling humiliated.

"They're what?" Alani asked to sure she'd heard her correct. "No, he can't be my husband." Her hands became shaky. "And josh told you all of this?"

Ivory held her busted lip. "Overheard him and Cedrick talking girl.. that's why I ain't fuck with that ratchet bitch." She paced back and forth pissed off.

"Okay bitch- you're lying now and stop talking about her because she just beat your ass and I'll beat ya ass with my crutches if I need too." Alani had snapped out becoming pissed off, she was tired of playing nice because Ivory and josh had been there to help her. "Just get out-- I don't believe you." She glared at her.

Ivory laughed. "Just ask them- you know you're married and you're being a big joke when your sister built a family with your husband!!!! Your step child is your niece and I bet he's Alexis father too." She smirked and walked away. "All you have to do is ask." She walked out and Alani closed her eyes feeling a pain in her chest.

"She said she loves me, she wouldn't." She whispered to herself and took her whole cup to the head.

Alani sighed and thought of Alondra and how she had so many bad memories she'd remembered of her, how she used to treat her in their younger days. She couldn't remember nothing recent, before her accident but she figured it was because Alondra did tell her that they were close and they loved each other deeply. She didn't doubt she loved her but she couldn't understand how they were so 'close' when she only had memories of doing her wrong.

She'd started to remember fun times with Josh after she'd apologized for her wrong doings and she wanted to do that with Alondra and Cedrick because she wanted to remember some good things about them, especially her sister.

The thing that was confusing her was the man she'd lost her virginity too- and the fact the she knew it was Alondra's ex. She'd remembered that the day she saw Alondra tattoo and she was still trying to wrap her mind around that and with that memory came one of her confronting a man and a woman who had made her feel so low of herself-- not knowing those two people were her parents she had found and went to see the same day she'd got drunk and popped pills with Cornellius and she let him fuck just because she was hurt and felt rejected, although she was drugged she remembered giving him permission. She didn't remember much about that day- all she knew was she'd confronted those two people- did pills for the first time and messed with her sisters ex. Something that was eating at her because she wanted to remember it all to understand better.

"It's late- you called?" Alondra let herself in the house and quickly started to check her sister making sure she was fine. "Where's your nurse?"

"She left- said she was tired of my bitch ass attitude." She shrugged.

Alondra laughed. "I'll whoop her ass, she said that to you?" She frowned.

Alani had got sad that Alondra didn't care what was said even if it was small she'd take off no matter what and she'd let someone talk bad about her. "It's fine-- I just wanted to talk." She tapped her fingers against the counter.

"Wassup?" Alondra asked and took a seat.

"Well... are me and Cedrick married? Was he Alexis father?" She asked and watched how Alondra tensed up, "Just tell me the truth please."

Alondra played with her fingers. "Why'd you ask that?" She looked away from her. "I'm so sorry Alani- I didn't mean for it to happen. I tried to stop it at first but it was hard and I gave up and let my heart get what it wanted- I didn't mean to love him." Alondra started to cry. "I swear if you want him back then just have him-- I can't lose you. Don't hate me." She looked up to see tears in Alani's eyes.

"Was it payback?" She choked out. "Was it because I'd let Cornellius take my virginity? How'd you forgive me for that?" She asked, not understanding anything right now but she felt he heart break hearing that Cedrick was her husband.

Alondra stood. "What?" She asked her breathing becoming unsteady. "You what?" She bit her lip, her hands becoming shaky.

Alani frowned. "You didn't know? I don't know I remember it... but I can't remember nothing else." Alani choked out and closed her eyes-- memories flooding her mind.

"You told me he lied. You let me kill my fiancé because you told me he lied- Alaniiiiiiiiii" Alondra stomped her foot and cried out. "I let him die because I thought he hurt you..." she bent over and threw up in the sink.

Alani opened her eyes and cried into her hands finally remembering her sister. She couldn't react about finding out what she'd found out because all of her memories of Cedrick hadn't hit her yet. So she didn't know how much the two loved one another, they shared two kids and how happy they were dispite the bad memories she had of doing him wrong.

"Alondra I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." She cried and watched Alondra wipe her mouth.

Alondra shook her head. "You came to take me shopping that week because I'd lost my first child by him-- and you turn around to fuck him?" Alondra literally felt her heart breaking. "You lucky I love you so much and respect you as my sister because lord knows I want to fucking beat you." Alondra grabbed her things. "I honestly feel like shît about how I've done you Alani-- and no this wasn't 'payback' and nor would it have been if I knew, I didn't plan any of this and I was going to tell you when you was better, I never wanted to stop your progress. But you had too long to tell me this and here I am hating myself because I hurt you! Did you not love me enough to tell me?" She shook her head and walked out.

_______

Are y'all following my writers Instagram??? @AuthorFinn