11. He can't see her

January 14, 2016

January 14, 2016.
3:39pm.

• • •

"But Cedrick--"

"But Cedrick--"

"No Alondra." He frowned and texted back and forth with his manager about him coming to train earlier than the month he'd given him. "What the fuck I look like letting that bitch ass nigga come see my wife and he very much still Inlove with her ass?" He said referring to Josh.

Alondra sighed. "I understand that but, that's just foul because that's still my brother and her cares about--"

"You annoying as fuck!" He yelled out and she jumped. "Damn, I said he can't see her!"

Alondra raised a brow. "Look I been letting you slide bitch but you got me fucked up, we don't know each other that well but you know me well enough to know not to talk to me like I'm any bitch on these streets. Big ass fucking drunk!" She thought about pulling out her knife and cutting him but decided against it.

Before she could storm off he grabbed her arm. "Look, I'm sorry alright? I'm going through a lot and if he wasn't so disrespectful then it would be cool. But that nigga not only kissed her but told her how he was gone take her from me? Nah." He shook his head looking down on her making direct eye contact.

"Okay Cedrick." She sighed and pulled away from him. "Did you wanna talk about it? The going through something? I'm not Alani but I'm here." She told him.

Cedrick opened his mouth to speak but then shrugged it off. "I'm cool." He said instead of pouring his heart out to what seemed to be a stranger to him.

Alondra nodded and turned to walk into the house, deciding not to push him. She'd been in town for three days and last night the nurse suggested that they both go home and get some rest. Alondra nor Cedrick wanted to leave Alani's side but they did need a proper rest, food, and bed.

The two barely spoke to each-other, but neither minded the silence. He'd offered her the guest room as always not wanting her spending money on a hotel when she'd always stayed at their home when Alani was woke. He could tell she was uncomfortable with staying there with just him, not because she was afraid of him but more so that they were just used to Alani being there as well.

"Oh and I made you dinner, I remember Alani making you eat healthy so...." Alondra stepped out with her purse and keys in hand. "Stuffed chicken breast, broccoli, squash and zucchini." He frowned and she laughed. "And your manager called me I guess Alani gave them my number for if something ever happened to her and guess who's training at five today? You are." She smiled and he scoffed.

"Says who?" He asked folding his arms.

Alondra smirked. "Eat your food, and I'll call to make sure you get to training. I'll tell Alani you love her." She disappeared down the steps and into the car, pulling off.

He laughed to himself and smiled at the fact Alani knew him even when she wasn't able to be there physically. "Damn I love you Lani." He kissed his necklace and made his way into the kitchen seeing his plate was fixed and he had a cold water sitting beside it.

He picked up the note she left and smiled a little reading it: I'm not as big of a bitch as Alani, I left you a slice of cake. -Lonnie

_____

4:56pm.

"Well look who's here

"Well look who's here." Mike scoffed and immediately started to prep and wrap Cedricks hands. "Here" He handed him his mouth guard making Cedrick furrow his eyebrows.

"I'm getting in the ring?" He asked confused.

Mike pushed him towards the ring. "Well there's someone trying to take your spot and if you beat him behind closed doors then you won't have to face him in the ring! We're too damn close for this foul shit they're pulling, mothafuckers are saying you're on drugs, a drunk and more shit!" Mike shouted. "So they're already looking for a new face for this company, and I'd hate to have to stop training you! One more fight and we're winning Cedrick!" He told him. "Don't let us down." He paced back and forth as the doors opened.

"Mike I'm not prepared for this." Cedrick told him with low eyes, and liquor fresh on his breath.

"Well you can get out the ring right now and forget about it all dammit!" Mike told him. "I pissed in a cup for you. You owe me and you owe your wife." He said just to get him started.

"Don't do that." Cedrick warned him feeling his chest tighten.

Mike nodded. "What would she think? What would Alexis think? Hm? You promised them both!" He snarled and Cedrick jumped up angry staring across and the six foot built man in the corner preparing.

He looked around and tuned everything out until he was so lost in his thoughts he hadn't even known it was time for the fight. Alan-- his opponent came in heavy and punched him right in the jaw, and didn't stop there.

Cedrick covered his body from the intense blows, his body was weak and he was under the influence but somehow his mind drifted back to Alani and he pictured her standing there yelling at him for giving up. He didn't want to fight, but who was he to let her and their daughter down?

"Enough." The referee said seeing Cedrick leak blood from the split that was now above his eye.

Mike quickly squirted water into his mouth, making Cedrick swish it around and spit it in the bucket since it was mixed with his blood. "Get your head in the game! The boy is weak! You could hit him one time." He cleaned his gash up and placed a bandage over it.

Cedrick jumped up and his eyes zeroed in on Alan-- he'd used all his energy so Cedrick used that to his advantage seeing Alan was tired by now. Alan was now weak, and he knew all he had to do was slickly punch him in his temple and he'd be out.

As the bell rung, a memory flashed through his head and he smiled:

"Cedrick you can do this!" He looked over to his now girlfriend and smiled a faint smile with one of his eyes being shut. "You only need one eye to see, get out there and make me proud." Alani had blew him a kiss.

Cedrick nodded and told his manager to let him back into the ring. "I got this! I got this." He told mike and mike sighed letting him back in.

"Okay Cedrick! Enough!" Mike snapped him out of his trance and he looked to see Alan laying face down on the floor with blood spilling from his mouth.

_____