8. Date night (filler)

"She's fine but we'd like to keep her overnight, Incase the small hit on her head caused any internal bleeding sir." A nurse spoke to a worried Alex who had been pacing back and forth in the hospital. "You should go home and get some res--"

"And I can't stay here with her because?" He asked. "I'm not leaving her alone when something is obviously wrong with her, she passes out all the time and water usually works. It didn't this time and I ain't taking my eyes off her." He walked around her and dared her to say a word.

Working with Alondra so long he knew when she got too worked up over something her body would shut down on her, he never knew why but it was something he'd learned working with her. Walking into the room he saw her silently crying to herself, staring out the window.

"Mommas?" He called out for her and stuffed his hands in his pocket.

Alondra ignored him but not on purpose, when she mentioned she had two different personalities she was telling the truth, and her second was actually mute. She tried to speak but the words wouldn't form, neither could she force herself to talk and over the weeks Alex had learned that about her as well, he hated how he damn near could read her like a book. He just observed a lot though, it wasn't like he was on some stalking shit, once he was into someone he wanted to know that person and beyond just sex.

"Well, I'm just going to sit over here with you for the night." He let out a yawn. "You ain't gotta try to talk, I know this is normal." He sat down and relaxed in the chair.

Alondra just sat there crying harder at the text she'd received from Cedrick about Alani being in a coma, and they didn't know if she was waking up or when. Her heart felt like it had been ripped out of her chest, and she couldn't stop the tears if she tried. Alani was the only person she had, the only person that knew the real her. She'd known everything about her and held her hand through it all. So, to hear she wouldn't have her sister did something to her she'd never thought would happen again, she was broken. She felt like she just lost her favorite person and also losing herself.

Alex sat there as she looked at him and he swallowed the lump in his throat, her eyes begged to be saved form whatever it was that was hurting her. She wanted to talk and it frustrated her that her brain couldn't connect with her mouth, she just wanted to be held and she didn't care if it was Alex who had held her, however she was afraid to even gesture for him to hold her. She was afraid of how comfortable she had gotten with him over the weeks, she was terrified of another man getting close to her.

Standing to his feet he couldn't take it no more, to him her eyes begged him to comfort her. "I'm just going to hold you okay? Whatever you're going through right now remember after every storm the sun will shine again." He kissed her forehead and slid into the hospital bed with her pulling her into him.

Alondra cried harder and wrapped her arms around him, and he listened to her cry until she had fell asleep on his chest.