New case

Spencer's pov:
I wake up from a good night sleep by a beeping sound next to my bed. Ugh, seriously?
„bambam? Are you awake?" Susan asks.
„Yeah. We have a new case." I say when I pass her on my way to the bathroom.
„Do we have time for breakfast?" she asks hopefully. Looking for the time again I sigh. I hate to tell her no. Especially since she wasn't eating enough in my eyes.
„I am sorry bambam, but how about we go through drive in?" I reply in hope she would agree. She doesn't answer me, only went to make herself ready for our workplace. It took the two of us only 20 minutes to get into my car.
„So Starbucks?" I ask her when I pull out of the parking lot.
„Yes please." she says and yawns.
„I am guessing you are still tired?" I rhetorically ask, knowing the answer already. If anyone needs to know something about her, it's the fact that she loves her sleep and hates early mornings. Feeling her slightly glare at me makes me smile at her softly.
„You will get used to it!" i reassure her shortly before I pull into the drive through to order our coffees and some scones.
„Did you think about what we were talking about yesterday evening?" I question quietly after paying our order and hand it over to her.
„I don't know if it would be a good idea to talk about it with a coworker." she whispers, playing with her cup like she always does when she is unsure or worried about anything.
„I get that, and I really don't want to make you do it if you don't want to. Still I think it may help the two of you." I tell her sincerely.
„What do you mean with help the two of us?  I thought Derek had overcome what happened to him?" she asks shocked but also interested.
„That's what i thought, but he told me that he sometimes gets flashbacks or stiffens when someone touches him unexpectedly." I answer honestly. I see her relax at that information.
„So it's not only me who can't overcome it." she says more to herself than me.
„There are many that can't. You know what Derek told me? He told me that you are way stronger than him because you trust me to help you out of your panic. When he panics, he always needs a doctor to sedate him." I tell her and park on my parking spot. She looks stunned at that.
„I am stronger than him? But how?" she was shell shocked about it.
„I am afraid you need to ask him about it. You both wouldn't lose anything if you talk about it. If it isn't helping or triggering you, then you guys could always stop. At least you had tried." I reason with her. Holding the door open for her.
„You are right, i guess. But maybe not right now. I just want to get into working here before tackling the next thing. Ok?" she asks when we enter the lift.
„Whenever you are ready sweetheart." I answer her softly. We were the first to arrive at the round table, so we just start eating our scones till the rest arrived only minutes after us.
„We got asked for help from the sunny LA police department. Mitchell Lewis and his sister Emma got kidnapped from a playground one hour ago. Only two weeks prior Samuel Smith and his sister Karla got kidnapped from a playground 30 minutes apart from the other one." Garcia tells us with a sad voice.
„Did we have a clue what happened to them?" Rossi asks, trying to sound professional.
„Samuel Smith got found yesterday, he was malnourished and beaten, Karla, his sister was right next to him, also malnourished but not beaten. They are in an hospital to get treatment. Karla won't say a word except he protected me over and over again, whereas Samuel doesn't talk at all, only screams bloody murder if someone gets to close to Karla." Garcia shows pictures of the little kids.
„Any sexual abuse?" JJ asks slightly afraid. Feeling Susan stiffen up at the prospective. Reaching for her hand and squeezing it, showing her that I am here for her. I slightly turn my head to see Morgan also sitting stiff on his chair, his hands clenched into fists. How comes I never noticed this before?
„Samuel wasn't, his sister however was. The detectives think Samuel got beaten because he tried to protect his sister." Garcia answers with slumped shoulders. Susan's breath hitches slightly at that, but no one apart from me or Morgan seemed to have heard it.
„Wheels up in 10!" Hotchs grimm voice states. Everyone hurry out to get their bag and to the plane. But before Susan or Morgan could leave I stop them.
„Are you guys going to be ok?" I ask them worried. Having seen both there reaction to what we just heard, worries me.
„As soon as we catch that son of a bitch, I will be fine!" Morgan mutters out, hands still clenched in fists.
„Exactly!" Susan states but I still can see her fright in her eyes. Hearing Hotch shouts in our way to hurry up, we make our way to the plane, bags in hand. Within 5 minutes we are on the plane and ready for takeoff. Holding Susan's hand in mine when I feel the plane start to roll.
„How about a Game of Chess Susan?" Rossi asks her from across the aisle.
„If you really want to lose again." she tells him with a smirk in place. Oh, this is going to be funny!! And as predicted, she won in exactly 5 minutes and 22 seconds.
„You had absolutely no chance of winning against her!" I tell him amused.
„Is that so Reid! Then why don't you try your luck?" he asks slyly.
„Sure, why not!" I say even though I know she would beat me.
„At least she will take longer to win against me than you." i added and see the rest of the team looking at me in shock. We played for nearly 45 minutes, with everyone watching us in awh. And after another 30 minutes she won, like I knew she would. She really is unbeatable in chess.
„Nice game!" she says brightly.
„Indeed!" I answer with a smile.
„Ok, how did you just beat Spenc? He always wins in chess!" JJ asks in shock.
„I don't know. Guess I was just lucky." Susan answers her which makes Rossi and me start to  laugh loudly.
„Oh my god, I think I got a cramp!" Rossi says in between laughter. The confused faces from the team only makes us laugh harder and Susan turns bright red. We finally got ourselves together after quit some time.
„Just Lucky!" i repeat with a chuckle and a shake of my head.
„What?" JJ asks irritated.
„Well, you will never find anyone who could beat her in chess. That's just impossible!" Rossi answers her in a duh voice.
„Ok, Let's talk about the case. Shall we?" Hotch says. I again try to figure out what was going on in Susan's and Morgan's head but they both keep an unmoving face. If their position wouldn't be that stiff, I wouldn't be able to detect them being uncomfortable. Hopefully this case gets closed quickly, not only for them but also those kids and all the families.