Arriving in LA

Derek's pov:
„Morgan, Reid and Susan, you guys are going to the hospital and try to get some information from the kids and from the parents. Rossi and JJ, you guys go and look at the two playgrounds. Emily and I are going to the police station, maybe they found out something new." Hotch instructs. I slightly flinch when he told us that we had to go to the hospital. Talking to the victims is always hard, but if they are abused children it's even worse.
„The unsub must of stalked them." Susan says with an concentrated look on her beautiful face.
„Why do you think so?" Hotch wants to know interested, just like the rest of us.
„I mean it could be a coincidence but I don't believe that." she starts of before pointing something out for Spencer.
„Both the girls are 6 years old, they also both have blue eyes and blondish hair. The boys also both are 12 years old, brown eyes and brown hair. As I said it could be a coincidence but it doesn't look that way." she finishes of. We all again look at the pictures and descriptions of the four kids and they in deed have the same features and age.
„Maybe the unsub is using them because he can't get his hands on his real target." Emily says after thinking about it.
„That means he is going to kidnap little kids till he got his hands on his target or we catch him."  JJ adds to Emily's theory.
„It is a huge possibility. So we got to ask the parents if there was anything special or strange happening around them. If they saw a car or someone lurking around their house or the playground." Hotch tells us. Just then the pilot tells us to buckle up and that we are landing in a few minutes. I see Susan again grabbing Spencer's hand in hers. They told me that she is afraid of flying, especially from the start and the touchdown. He smiles at her reassuringly and kisses her forehead. Feeling an elbow collide with my right side, I look at the person next to me in question.
„Don't look at her like that!! She is with Reid so  stop eyeing her up! Reid is finally happy again after the incident with Maeve, so don't ruin that for him." Emily whisper, shouts at me. I really hope she, JJ and my babygirl are figuring out their real connection pretty fast, so they would stop lecturing me all the time. But in all honesty, i understand their concern. If they really would be in a relationship I would chastise myself. The touchdown was really smooth and not long after we were able to exit the plain. Luckily three cars were already waiting for us. Spencer and Susan went to the first one, already buckling in their seatbelts when I open the driver side.
„Let's do this!" i say, trying to cheer us up a bit before driving off to the hospital. When we arrived we already decided that Spencer will be talking to the parents while Susan and I would try our luck with the two kids. Susan knocks softly at the door to their shared room as not to surprise them. She slowly opens the door and see Samuel protectively pulling Karla behind himself. He looks pretty bad, still you could see the fierce protectiveness he held for his sister.
„Hello you two. My name is Susan and this is my friend Derek. We work for the FBI and want to catch the bad guy that did this to you." Susan tells them in a soothing voice. She stood right behind the door and won't go any closer to them. At least it looks like that.
„Is it ok if we would come a bit closer?" she asks them after waiting for Samuel to wind down a bit. He looks at us closely before he pointed at Susan and then at the chair next to his bed.
„You stay back Derek. We don't want them to get frightened by us." she says before slowly making her way to the chair.
„We got told that you did your best to protect your little sister Samuel. That was really brave of you!" Susan tells him sincerely. He thinks a bit about what she said to him and then he smiled a little.
„Can I ask you a few questions? I know it won't be easy but we have to, to catch the bad guy." she says apologizingly. Slowly he turns to his sister and shows her to put her hands on her ear, then he nods slowly at Susan to ask away.
„Thank you Samuel." she says softly.
„Was it a man that kidnapped you guys? Or was there anyone else?" she asks him slowly. I see him taking a deep breath before pulling up one finger in answer. Susan smiles at him reassuringly.
„Ok, so there was one man." he again nods.
„Do you know where he kept you for this week." she asks him. He thinks for a moment before trying to show us something.
„How about i get you something to write on? Would that be alright with you?" I ask him, not understanding what he means. He nods quickly at me. Moving out of the room and to the nurse station. Asking them for a pen and some paper. After getting the needed items, I went back to their room. Taking Susan's lead, I also knock before entering the room again. Slowly making my way to Susan as to hand the items over to her. But I instantly stop in my tracks when I see Samuels frightened face. Instead I ask Susan to come and get them for him. She smiles at me before taking the items and walking back to the chair. Susan hands him the papers and pen, waiting for him to write down where he thinks they where kept hostage. After a minute he hands the paper towards her, then he looks back at his sister who must of fallen asleep against him.
„That is really helpful Samuel, thank you." she tells him softly.
„I am afraid to ask, but I have to. Can you tell me what had happened in that week?" she asks sadly. He stiffens up again, a look of sheer panic comes over his features. Hearing the monitors starting to beep urgently. I am afraid he is having a panic attack. The door got pushed opened and various people run into the room. Samuels breathing starts to quicken even more, he tries to shield Karla as best with his own body as he could. Suddenly Susan jumps from her chair and takes a protective stand in front of the two children.
„You need to leave this room!" she tells them determinedly. Seeing Samuel relieved face I also take my stand in between the doctors and the children.
„We need to tend them. He is having a panic attack he needs medication!!" one doctor shouts aggressively waking and scaring Karla and of course Samuel.
„What he needs is time away from jerks like yourself! Leave the room and let them be!" I seethe at him. How dare them frighten the kids even more!? Seeing that he won't be able to get closer to them they all leave the room again. Samuel looks at us with an open mouth.
„Thanks!" he whispers and lays back on the bed. I see his eyes trying to fall shut, I softly put my hand on Susan's shoulder.
„Maybe we should leave them for a bit? They need some rest." I say quietly not wanting to wake them. But Samuels eyes immediately fly open.
„Stay!?" he asks panicked, grabbing Susan's hand in his.
„Shhh, it's ok Samuel. If you want me to stay I will. I promise i won't leave you." Susan tells him softly but earnestly. Samuel looks at me questioning.
„If it would help you sleep, then I will stay also. I am just going to get me a chair. Ok?" i answer him softly. When I come back to them, chair in the arm, they both are out cold Samuel still holding onto Susan's hand.
„I talked to your brother outside. He promised to explain the situation to Hotch." I whisper into her ear to not wake them. Hopefully when they wake up, they are going to tell us more what happened so we can find that asshole!