Finding the unsub

Spencer's pov:
Knocking softly at the hospital door, waiting for someone to open it. Derek has a murderous glare on his face before relaxing when he sees me. Seeing Susan holding little Karla in her arms while whispering with Samuel who smiles shyly at her.
„Your sister is absolutely amazing!" Derek whispers to me, softly smiling at her.
„I know!" I answer him proudly. Clearing my throat so the three of them would notice me to. The two kids stiffen slightly and move closer to Susan.
„Don't worry you guys. This is my older brother Spencer, I told you about him." she tells them with a smile, which instantly relaxes them.
„Big brother?" Karla asks me with wide and trusting eyes.
„Yeah, I am Susan's big brother Spencer. Nice to meat the two of you!" I introduce myself to them.
„You protect Susan? Right?" Samuel asks me with a wide eyed.
„of course I protect her! She is my little sister! I protect her just like you protected your sister!" I answer him honestly.
„Did you found the bad guy already?" he asks hopefully.
„Not yet, but don't worry we won't give up till we catch him!" I answer him softly.
„Susan said that we can help catch him?" Samuel wants to know.
„If you can tell us everything that you remember from the last week it indeed would help us." I explain slowly, not wanting him to panic because of something he remembers. He stays quiet for some time, thinking about what I just told him.
„Ok, if it would help. I don't want anyone else going through what we had to." he says trying to be brave.
„That is really brave of you!" Susan tells him proudly.
„Would it be ok if Derek would take Karla to get us something to eat and drink. I don't think she needs to hear it. Or would it make you feel more comfortable if She stayed?" i ask him softly, knowing he didn't let her out of his sight since they got found. At first he shook his head but after a second he agrees.
„You promise to keep her safe?" he asks Derek frightened for his little sister.
„I won't let anything happen to her, promise!" Derek answers him determined.
„Ka? You go with Derek. He keeps you safe till you get back!" he tells her and hugs her closely.
„No! I stay with you!" she says frightened and already on the edge of crying.
„Don't worry love. See how tall Derek is? No one will dare come close to you with him by your side!" Susan soothingly says. She pulls both of them into her arms.
„I promised you that no one will hurt you with me, or anyone of my friends around you. And I always keep my promises!" she adds after they calmed down again.
„She is right Ka. No one is going to hurt you again!" he tells her with an protectiveness it's unbelievable that he is only 12 years old.
„You keep me safe?" Karla unsurely asks Derek from her seat on Susan's lap. Derek kneels on the floor next to her and points his pinky out at her.
„I pinky promise that I will protect you!" he tells her honestly. Karla giggles at that and pulls her pinky around his. She lifts her arms up, indicating that she wants him to carry her. Derek immediately pulls her into his arms and stands up with her.
„So what would you guys want Karla and me to get for lunch?" he asks with a soft smile.
„Samuel loves burgers! Can we get some?" Karla happily says.
„Burgers sound really lovely." Samuel says a bit embarrassed.
„Ok, then let's get out of here to find some yummy burgers!" Derek announces, bouncing a giggling and clapping Klara in his arms. After we all waved at them, they leave us alone.
„Nothing is going to happen to her!" Susan whispers softly to Samuel who looks unsure after there retrieving backs. He takes a deep breath and nods at us.
„Let's Start." he says quietly.
„Ok, if you at any moment feel uncomfortable or need a break just tell us and we stop." I tell him reassuringly.
„Do you remember how he kidnapped you?" I ask him after he nodded his understanding.
„We were playing catch. Karla suddenly fell and started to cry, so I ran quickly to her only to stumble over something." he starts up after gripping Susan's hand in his.
„Do you know why you stumbled? Was there something on the ground?" she asks him.
„No, but there was a thin rope in between the jungle gym and the tree... I guess that guy had put it there." he tells us with furrowed brows.
„I wanted to call for help since Karla's knee was bleeding but before I could something hit my head. The next thing I remember is getting put in a van." he says and touches his head, flinching a bit when he touched where he was hit.
„at first I panicked because i couldn't see Karla, but she shortly after got thrown into the van as well. I looked at my clock, hoping that our parents would have already realized that we were missing. Then I pulled Karla close to me. I told her that I would do whatever to keep her safe." he goes on with wet eyes.
„We only drove for 15 minutes before the van stopped and we got hauled out of it. He told me that if I would ran, he would hurt Karla, so I went with him. Afraid of what he could do to her."
„Can you describe the house you got lead in?" I ask him after he stopped talking.
„It wasn't really big and it had yellow brickwalls. It didn't look nice. There was the number 37 next to the door." he answers.
„Do you remember anything else around there? Maybe a smell or a sound?" Susan questions him softly.
„There was a construction next door. We could always hear their conversations and the machines!" he suddenly says after thinking for a moment.
„Karla was afraid because it shook the whole house we were kept in." he adds wide eyed.
„That is really helpful Samuel! I am going to call the rest of the team, maybe we can find him with your help even sooner!" I tell him which puts a huge smile on his face. Walking out of the room I call Garcia to tell her the details Samuel just told us about. In no time she got a location that would fit perfectly. The owner also is a known child sex offender. I thank her, telling her to please send everyone the address. After ending the call I immediately call Hotch to tell him about everything. He tells me that they are already on their way to the address and that he would call me as soon as they got the unsube and of course saved the kids. Thanking him, we end the call. Just as I went to get back into the room, Derek with an excited Karla in his arm came around the corner. Smiling at their goofy smiles I hold the door open for them.
„Look who i found outside!" i announce happily. Susan and Samuel instantly turn their heads and smile when they see a happy Karla with an also laughing Derek.
„I hope you guys are hungry!" he tells us while setting everything on the medium sized table. I watch as Samuel happily bites into his cheeseburger. Pushing his fries closer towards him, gets me a thankful smile from him. Susan had pulled Karla on her lap again and hands her, her burger and fries. She, just like her brother happily digs in. When both of the kiddos got there food we also started to eat. I just had pulled in my last fries when my phone went off.
„Dr. Spencer Reid, how may I help you?" I ask without looking at the caller Id.
„I just called to tell you that we caught the unsube. The two kids are also found and get taken to the hospital as well. Tell Samuel that he did very well!" Hotch tells me before ending the call again.
„They caught the bad guy thanks to your help Samuel! You can be really proud of yourself!" I tell him also really proud of him. Seeing him tear up a bit makes my heart arch, so without thinking I pull him into a hug which to my surprise he immediately returns.
„Thank you!" he says and wipes his tears away!
„For catching the bad guy and keeping us safe!" he adds.
„Thank you for trying your best to protect your little sister and for being this brave! Without your help, we wouldn't of catched him that fast!" Susan says with a smile on her face.
„Are you guys ready to see your parents now?" Derek asks them softly. They both look at one another for a moment before both nod at us.
„I am going to get them." Susan says happy they finally agreed to see them again. Only 1 minute later she returns with their parents right behind her. Samuel proudly tells them about how he helped catch the bad guy and how he did everything to keep his sister safe like he promised to. Their parents couldn't stop crying and hugged them closely, promising them that from now on, there won't be anyone ever going to hurt them again. We staid with them for another 30 minutes before leaving them alone. Susan had given her phone number to Samuel and to their parents. Telling them that if they ever want to talk about anything to call her. Samuel and Karla hugged us all again before we left their room.