Engagement

Sorry if my books have errors since they aren't edited but thank you so much for voting and commenting.

Ramadhan coming soon InshaaAllah, Whose excited?

A week later.

SALMA:
I sat in my small room while I didn't know what was taking place outside I didn't feel like facing anyone alone since yesterday once Wasim left what they did kept replaying in my mind.

They had burnt my hand and I had covered it with a long sleeved blue kurti I was glad enough that Wasim chose a long sleeved top for me and jeans which I wore for first time since he warned me to wear it. I have never ever worn jeans before but just for him since top was quite long Alhamdulillah.

While I was trying to fix my hijab it was already 8pm I had recited Qur'an earlier since they had planned the party of engagement after 9pm.

Usually when its engagement party a girl is excited and nervous also all her friends are there teasing her nonstop instead what did I have?they even refused the other maid to help me out.

A girl always dreams of someone who will love her,  cherish her and support her, but did Wasim have even slight feelings for me?why was he doing all these . A knock on the door snapped me from my thoughts and I just stared at it, did they come to take me  to my would be fiance or torture me more with burns and cuts?Wasim didn't know any of it.

I took slow steps my hands already shivering there must be many people out there and what if they all gang up against me and humiliate me, tears started flowing from my eyes but I wiped them I had applied just Compaq and eye liner which I had sent maid to buy.

I opened the door and a gasp escaped my mouth Wasim himself had come for me but when I glanced up he neither had a smile on his face nor any emotion he was looking blankly at me. Did I look so ugly?

I looked down immediately and he told me to follow him.

I went with him side by side I was glad he didn't hold my hand since it was still burning and it ached a lot I hadn't applied any tube since they were over.

"Smile," I heard a him say and smiled, a smile which didn't reach my eyes. I wish my family was with me.

We stood there while I  glanced around there were too many people and I looked out of place, I was not good enough for Wasim.

"Ladies and Gentlemen attention please," Wasim's mum spoke and they had  decided engagement would take  place in their house and not at Wasim's.

His  dad continued and soon an engagement ring was placed in my finger it was beautiful diamond ring a heart shaped with initials W and S. why bother so much Wasim when after six months everything would be over?

I stared at ring all while none of us had said a word but I heard gasps and whispers around but looked down.

Wasim's parents came and hugged me they even congratulated us with a wide smile while Muzna's parents came they only hugged Wasim and stepped away from me I just smiled while Muzna pretended she was coming closer to me to congratulate me but instead she held my hand tightly and whispered in my ears which just made my hands ache more but she held more tightly purposely.

"Six months only," she said harshly and jerked my hand away as of it burned her  all while Wasim never bothered to look our way or utter a word. My fiance?That word only sent  shivers down my spine.

"Congratulations my fiancee," Wasim's voice snapped me from my thoughts and I stared at this handsome guy in front of me unable to figure him out.

I didn't bother to reply while rest of them came and congratulated us some were business man while others his customers.

Once everyone left at around 11pm after dinner, Muzna and her parents left for their room immediately they were really glaring at me as  if they could have gotten a chance to kill me they would have done long time back and now it was me and him alone .

I was extremely exhausted by standing all this time and my hands ached I just walked fast without glancing back but he was too fast , he was already in front of me.

I looked away unable to meet his gaze but he came closer.

He never even complimented me nor spoken a word with me so why now since show was over, he  himself said six months only.

"What do you want?" I asked him I was tired of his games to and fro it hurt a lot. They were all playing with my feelings.

"Show me your hands," he said in a strict tone and I just moved my hands backwards .

He can't know what I have gone through if he knows they will hurt him.

****
To be continued