First step with you

Mr Wasim.

Two can play if you surprised me I can  even pretend like I didn't acknowledge your presence. I smiled at that thought and replied in a bit harsh tone and finally I heard opening of the door.

There was silence, why wasn't  Salma just speaking anything?did realzie about  my plan?

"Keep the files and go,"I said in a strict tone and waited again.

"Is that a way to talk to a guest?"a voice snapped me from my moody plan and my eyes widened. That voice. Ya Allah help me that's mom!

Way to go Wasim!

"Sorry mom!"I  apologised in a soft tone and welcomed her, she had come in my office after so long she usually went to dads office but today she came to me and that made me smile since no matter what shes my mom.

"How's work?"she asked in a caring tone and my heart just melted no matter what she did I knew she did all that for me, she has her own reasons.

"Work is fine Alhamdulillah and mom,  how come you are here?"I asked her and  she stared at me.

"I just went to your dad's office to help him out and thought of visiting you by the way I heard you have selected your personal assistant, "she said in an unpleasant tone.

"Yes mom but please mom just mend your relationship with her she has been so worried about the post I gave her and the first question she asked me was if you were okay with it,"I explained to mom and she listened carefully.

"I was so wrong about her,"mom confessed in a sad tone she realized her mistakes.

"She always helped me with house chores and even bandaged me once when I got burned, she always asked about your and your dad I am so sorry son I have hurt both of you,"she apologised and wiped tears I have barely seen mom cried and here she was apologising. I felt proud of having such parents who understood and solved situations.

"Your dad explained to me I was blinded by jealousy and hatred due to negativity,"she said while looking away.

"Mom!look at me,"I told her while cupping her face and wiping her tears.

"As long as you have realized your mistakes nothing else matters,"I told her strictly and hugged her.

"Sorry for backfiring your plan well your wife is smarter than you, we were together in this and she wanted me to enter before her,"mom said while she looked behind her and there stood my loving  wife who mended her relationships with my mom.

"Thank you dear for coming in our lives,"mom informed her and they both hugged. I wish dad was here to witness this emotional scene.

"Aunty, I mean mom thanks goes to your son,"she said shyly.

"Well; now since you have my parents support, are you officially ready to work with me,"I asked her teasingly and she replied.

"Yeah,"she replied shyly and looked away.

"I want to take first step with you, with blessings of your parents then I don't care about what other people say as long as we are together,"she explained to us carefully and I felt proud of her.

"Is that the same Salma?"I inquired and she became all red like tomato.

"Don't tease my daughter,"mom took her side and that made me smile.

"Now I would leave you two to start  work,"mom informed us and she left.

"So?now someone has become all shy?"I moved closer to her and she moved backwards.

"We are at office,"she said in  low voice  and I stared at her.

"So what? I am your  boss and your my personal assistant,"I tried to tease her more.

"We have to work an you have to explain to me my duties,"she said while nervously looking here and then just then a call interrupted us.

"Yah just finish the paper work and send me them for signing ,"I instructed and disconnected call.

"That was rude,"she told me innocently.

"Well dear wife we will have alot of fun working together,"I told her and moved to my desk and gestured her to join me, she wanted it to be professional then professional it will be let's see for how long my dear wife?