Chapter 3

"Guys! Hurry up! The party starts in 20 minutes!" To say Nuri was a nervous wreck was the understatement of the century. She didn't like the first outfit I picked for her. Or the second. Or the third. Mina and I finally managed to get her to agree to a black silk camisole tucked into a high-waisted red skater skirt with black heeled boots.

"Nuri! Calm down hun! If anything, it's better that we be fashionably late. Besides, our ride still isn't here." Mina was putting the finishing touches onto Nuri's luscious red lips.

I smiled at Mina as she tried to calm Nuri down. Mina has always been the mom of the group while Nuri is quite energetic and adorably childish.

"Alright girls, is there anything else we need?" I asked my two friends as I stood up from my bed.

"Yeah, can we eat something now so that I don't eat like a pig in front of Jaemin? Oh my god that would be the most humiliating thing ever!" Nuri suddenly creased her brow in worry.

Mina and I giggled at her nervous state, but nevertheless I led them to my kitchen. "You guys know where everything is, help yourselves," I grabbed an apple and hopped up so I was sitting on the counter.

"So Mina," she looked up at me while I smirked at her, "you looked kinda like a lost puppy back there when you were staring into Jisung's eyes" I watched as Nuri started laughing and Mina's face became as red as Nuri's skirt.

"W-What do y-you mean," she asked looking down.

"Oh come on!" Nuri swung her arm around the blushing girl and giggled. "It was like out of a fairytale! You two probably would've stayed like that all night if Chan hadn't said something!"

"Oh hush up! You can't even breathe when you hear the name Na Jaemin!" Mina stuck her tongue out at Nuri and hopped onto the counter next to me.

"Did I just witness the Choi Mina get so flustered she stuck her tongue out like a child?" I asked and pretended to be in shock.

"Oh shut up! Nuri can tease me about this because she knows the feeling, once you find someone who makes you feel like this, I'll make sure to tease you so bad you'll wish you were nicer to me!" Mina finished her words with a big smile and a laugh. She looked down at her phone. "Guys, our ride is here!"

"Oh my gosh, are you sure I look okay? Is my makeup smudged from me eating? Shit! I forgot deodorant. I'll be right back! Don't leave without me!" Nuri's words faded as she ran up the stairs and into my room.

"That girl is so whipped for a boy she barely knows." Mina chuckled as she gathered her phone and wallet into her purse.

"True. But have you seen his smile? I can't blame her. Though, he's not my type. He's too...," I lifted my head up as I thought, "...good. Well, maybe that will change after this party, but he's still Nuri's man."

I did a last minute check of Mina, admiring my work with her outfit - a black sheer long sleeve shirt with a black bra underneath, tucked into a baby pink a-line skirt and thigh high black boots.

"Alright you're all good, how about me?" I did a little spin as I giggled while Mina did a last minute check. I was in a black, spaghetti-strap velvet bodycon dress and some black combat boots.

"All good girl! And damn have you got curves! I will find it hard to believe if you don't leave with at least 2 guys' numbers tonight," Mina smiled at me then looked to the stairs as we heard Nuri coming back down.

"Alright guys, I think I'm ready!" She gave us a huge smile and opened my front door to walk to the fancy looking car.

"So, Mina, who did you get to give us a ride, I forgot to ask," I said as I waited to close and lock my house up.

She gave me an evil smirk then watched as Nuri got to the car and opened the door. "Na Jaemin himself." And just as she said his name, we heard Nuri scream.

This should be interesting.

——

I have never witnessed such an awkward atmosphere. Nuri was sat in the front seat next to Jaemin because Mina and I too up the whole backseat with ourselves and purses. Plus, we were trying to be the best wing-women ever.

"Oh, Jaemin, before I forget," I reached into my wallet and grabbed the money my brother gave my for a cab. "Here, my brother gave me money for a cab but I figured we could just get more alcohol with it instead." I reached up and placed the money in the cup holder between him and a very adorably awkward and nervous Nuri.

"Oh sweet! That automatically makes you guys VIPs at my house. Which basically means that if it gets too much, you can hang out in my room with my friends." He smiled at me through the rearview mirror.

"Sounds good to me! I'll probably spend most of the night there since most people from school are idiots," I said as I tried to remember his other friends. "So besides people from school, who all is gonna be there?"

"Well, I also invited some close friends, but they're a little older. All in college."

"Oh. That's cool," I didn't know what to say anymore. So I just sat there watching the streetlights pass by as we drove.

"Hey, thanks for picking us up by the way," Mina told Jaemin.

"No problem! I'll do anything for a beautiful girl and her two friends," Mina and I looked at each other in shock.

I was about to say something but Jaemin cut me off, "sorry I didn't mean to sound rude, Mina. You and Rae are pretty too, but there's just something about the color red on Nuri..." he trailed off as he looked over to my friend, who I'm pretty sure had stopped breathing by now.

Mina looked at me with a huge grin on her face. "I guess getting them together won't be so hard, huh?" She whispered to me. And so we began secretly plotting to get them together, or at least get them closer by the end of the night.