Chapter 10

I was sitting on the couch in the basement and Jeongin was sitting next to me. Woojin was over at the computers watching what was happening upstairs. He offered to let me watch too so that I'd know the boys were okay, but I was too anxious and if I watched them I'd probably panic.

"Hey." I looked up at Jeongin as he gave me a small smile. "They're gonna be okay. They're strong, believe me. They've never left a fight with even a scratch." He was trying to comfort me, but it still wasn't working.

I gave him a half hearted smile but my breath hitches and I stopped breathing as we heard a few gunshots from upstairs followed by a chorus of yelling.

Woojin snapped his head in our direction as he told Jeongin to hide me. I was pulled up by the boy and he dragged me over to the bookcase on the wall. He began to push the bookcase aside and I was shocked to see a small room behind. And when I say small, I mean tiny. There was just enough room for me to go in and sit down.

"You have your phone right?" Jeongin turned around to face me after he moved the bookcase.

I couldn't speak so I just nodded while wrapping the blanket I had tighter around myself.

"If nobody comes to get you within 30 minutes, call Chan." Jeongin hesitated. "And if he doesn't answer call the police."

With that, he gently pushed my into the room and moved the heavy bookcase back into its place. And I heard him and Woojin leave.  As soon as the bookcase locked in it's spot, a small light above me was lit so that I wasn't in complete darkness.

I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest. As I gripped the blanket, I felt a wetness on my hands, I looked down only to realize I was crying.

Why. Why is somebody so hellbent on getting me? What could Chan have possibly done to piss somebody off so bad that they are targeting his baby sister. Is it just one gang? What are they going to do if they ever catch me? Are they going to ki-

My thoughts were cut off as I heard some shuffling outside the bookcase. My breaths became short and I could feel my heart pounding harder as the shuffling got closer. Then it stopped.

I breathed out a sigh of relief only to be startled by a cry of rage and something shattering against the bookcase. I had to bite the blanket to keep from screaming. The tears on my face fell harder as I silently sobbed.

"Where the fuck is she!" The voice cried out as I heard more things breaking outside. I even heard him throwing books from the bookshelf, I was scared that he would notice it was moveable.

Whoever was outside was not happy. And I didn't want to alert him I was here. I waited. And waited. And waited. Until I finally heard him go back up the stairs.

I breathed out in relief, and closed my eyes to collect myself. When I opened them, I checked the time. It's only been a few minutes. I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing.

I was calm now. Scared as hell, but I was breathing normally and I wasn't crying anymore. I felt the need to sleep, so I curled into a ball on the floor and used the excess blanket as a pillow as I laid my head down.

I was almost asleep when I heard someone running down the stairs, then more feet were heard. I began to panic until I heard them speak.

"Rae! It's Channy, we're okay, hang on, I'm gonna open the door okay?" He was out of breath and I could hear the worry in his voice.

I stood up and waited as my brother opened the bookcase. I didn't hesitate and basically fell into his arms crying as soon as the door opened..

"Shhh. It's okay. They're gone now." He held my head with one hand as his other wrapped around my shoulders protectively.

I didn't care that I was sobbing and snot was coming out of my nose. I didn't care that 8 guys were watching awkwardly, not knowing what to do. I just gripped Chan's shirt tighter and cried harder.

After I calmed down a bit, Chan walked me up to his room and let me lay down on his bed as he sat down next to me. I moved over to him and laid my head on his lap as he kept stroking my hair.

"I'm so sorry, Rae. I'm so sorry," he kept apologizing which made me want to cry again, but as thoughts of everything that happened today clouded my mind, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

——-

I woke up with my head on something soft and arms wrapped around me. I looked up to see Chan still sitting on his bed while holding me. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Hey Rae," his voice was gentle and he pulled me into a proper hug as I could feel him breathing deeply. "I am so sorry. I didn't know that they-"

"Stop." I cut him off as I felt tears in my eyes. "It's not your fault. And it's in the past. Please just give me some time to deal with it before you bring it up." I looked up at him and my glistening eyes met his.

"Okay. I love you, you know that right?" He kissed the top of my head.

"I know, Channy." I smiled as I layed back on his lap. "I love you too. You're the best brother I could ever ask for." I closed my eyes and was about to drift back asleep but a knock on his door made me sit back up.

"Who is it?"

"Minho."

"Come in."

Minho walked in and gave me a sympathetic smile then turned to Chan. "Uhh, breakfast is ready. We can bring it up if you don't want to come down," he said the last part to me.

"Wait, it's morning? How long was I out?" I was shocked.

"About 12 hours, sis." Chan chuckled at my frazzled state.

"Oh," I looked down as I sat up on his bed. "Um, no it's okay. I'll go downstairs and eat. Just let me freshen up." I gave them both a smile and scooted past Minho then headed to my room.

After a quick shower, brushing my teeth, and changing into a hoodie and shorts, I headed down to breakfast with the boys. I suddenly remembered that there were gunshots last night, but I was too shocked when I got out that I didn't notice if any of them were shot.

I really hope they're all okay.