Chapter 30

I had been laying down with Hyunjin for a while now, yet I still couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about the way he kissed me. It was passionate, but I could tell he was holding back. Just thinking about the kiss brought a smile to my face and caused my cheeks to heat up.

I admired his facial features as he slept next to me. His full lips formed an adorable pout, and  his eyelashes looked so soft on his skin. The way that his hair fell above his eyes gave him a childlike innocence, but the strong structure of his jaw contradicted anything that would make him appear as a child.

Suddenly, the most adorable little snores started escaping his mouth and I had to bite my lip to keep from giggling. I kissed his nose and whispered in his ear, "I'll be back, Jinnie."

I got out of the bed and grabbed a hoodie that was laying around, put it on,  and exited the room.

The last time I was here, I didn't get a tour, so I walked around the house. On the second floor, where I was, there was nothing but bedrooms and a few bathrooms. There was also a balcony at the end of the hallway, I'd definitely come back to that. Downstairs, there was a fairly decent sized  kitchen, a huge living room with a giant TV, and a dining room with at least 20 seats. There was also a library, a game room, and a gym. Having toured the whole house, I made my way back up to the balcony.

As I opened the doors and stepped out, a cool breeze blew. I wrapped my arms around myself and snuggled into the hoodie. I saw a bench at the other side of the balcony, so I headed over to sit on it.

I had been on the balcony for maybe 10 minutes when I heard the doors open and somebody walk up to me.

"Rae?"

I looked up and saw my friend. Mina looked very tired, and like she had been crying.

"Mina, don't take this the wrong way, but you look like shit."

She smiled and silently laughed. "I could say the same for you."

I was about to object until I thought about it. I haven't showered in like three days, I haven't been getting much sleep, and I'm still in the same clothes as the night NCT took me. Which means I still have Nuri's and Jaemin's blood on me.

"This trip wasn't supposed to be like this. Nobody was supposed to get hurt." My voice was so soft I wasn't sure if Mina could hear me. I looked down as I felt the tears forming.

"Hey, I know." Mina sat next to me and took my hands in hers. "But things don't always go according to plan. Nobody was expecting any of this. And I know how you think so I'm going to say this as many times as I need to. It isn't your fault."

I looked up at her with tears in my eyes and as I saw her tears, I couldn't help but let out a small sob. She wrapped her arms around me as I wrapped mine around her and we just sat there. Crying in each other's arms.
After a few minutes, we had calmed down and pulled away. Mina wiped the tears from my cheeks as I did the same with her.

"Rae?"

"Hmm?"

"I think I really like Jisung."

My eyes widened to the size of golfballs.

"Really?!"

She blushed and nodded her head. "He's just been there for me throughout this entire thing, and even before any of this shit happened, I had a little crush on him. I think it was because of his silliness and his adorable cheeks, but after seeing him be so mature in these situations, My feelings became stronger."

"My ship will finally sail! Yes!" I fist bumped the air and laughed with Mina.

"How about my ship? What's with you and Hyunjin, hmm?" Mina leaned into me as she spoke with a giggle.

I looked at her with a huge smile. "He told me he loved me."

Mina was about to scream, but I covered her mouth with my hand. "Shh! It's late and the boys are sleeping!"

She nodded and I removed my hand slowly. "Oh my god! He told you he loves you! Wait,What did you say?"

"The truth. I told him I definitely have strong feelings for him, but I don't feel confident enough to tell him that I love him."

"Well, do you love him?"

"I don't know." I pulled my knees to my chest and rested my head on them as I looked over at Mina. "I think I might. There's just so much going on right now that I don't have time to think about that."

"Rae, if you do love him, it won't matter if there's time for it or not. It'll just happen." Mina gave me a big smile as she leaned on my shoulder. "But I think you should at least give it a shot."

"You think so?"

"Of course! What's the worst that could happen? If it doesn't work out, and he loves you, he will wait for you, okay?"

I took a moment to process what she was saying. "Okay." I then looked at her with a smirk. "Only if you confess to Jisung."

"What?!" She groaned and reluctantly agreed.